Because of a lovely day out with my husband I skipped last week’s Fave Five, so I thought it would be nice to do a review of the last two weeks today.
1. I had a lovely Mother’s day. We spent the day at my parent’s house. The roasted chicken we had for our Sunday dinner was a simple yet delicious meal. After that we drove to my grandmother’s village to plant flowers on her grave. It’s something we do each year and I love the tradition. After that we had a cup of coffee in the little bistro across the church. That’s when my daughter joined us. Her company and her smile is all it takes to make me happy, but she brought me a lovely gift as well. She had already given me a lovely salad bowl for Christmas which she now completed with the spoons that go with it. Thank you sweetheart, I love them!
2. The reason why I skipped last week’s edition of Fave Five is because I had a lovely day out with my husband. We spent the day at Bokrijk Museum park. We had been inside for too long because of the poor weather we had lately. When we saw a ray of sunshine that morning we decided to make the most of it. Unfortunately, the sunshine did not last. In fact, it was very cold, but at least it stayed dry. Bokrijk Park is a museum where life around 1900 is being recreated. Old houses, reenactment scenes … a real journey back into time, and photo opportunities galore, I enjoyed every minute of it!
3. On Saturday we spent some time gardening. There were still some plants that needed to be potted and some tidying up to do. I love how it looks now. You can see more pictures of it here.
4. Strawberries. I buy the little ones whenever I can. They’re cheaper, they don’t rot as fast as the big ones and they have a lot more flavor.
5. My diet is still going well. Lots of fruits and vegetables, and no snacking in between meals has made me lose 6 kilos, that’s more than thirteen pounds! Yaaay!
I treated myself to a lovely artichoke yesterday. My husband does not really care for them as much as I do, so I prepared one just for me!
Oooh and we’ve had some lovely sunshine again this week. It’s good to feel the warm sun on my skin again, to be able to eat outside and spend time outside again after those cold and wet first weeks of May. It has really lifted my spirit!