About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Art in Joucas

 

This medieval French village hid yet another treasure. The atelier of Ulysse Plaud and Mieke Heybroeck is situated in one of the old houses of Joucas, and the old stone walls make the perfect setting to exhibit these life sized sculptures made out of marble and wood.

 

IMG_6765

 

IMG_6766bc

IMG_6758b

 IMG_6715bc IMG_6760bc IMG_6761bc

 IMG_6762bc 

IMG_6763bc

  IMG_6764bc

IMG_6756bc

IMG_6768bc

10 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Their beautiful, very unusual work seems of another world to me.

Skoots1moM said...

love the lines...

James said...

Great shots of a beautiful place. They are very artfully done and seem to tell a story.

Loree said...

Interesting sculptures but the village itself is much prettier.

A Lady's Life said...

Wow! These are great!!!
What lovely works of art. Truly unique.

Avril said...

Unusual! But wow - love that village!! Very very pretty!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these shots - and the work - and the village. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

WHOA'! those are a little abstract and even a little scary looking.....hmmm I would have to take a real close look....in person that is...

jay said...

Not my kind of art at all, but I can see how, if that's the sort of thing you appreciate, it would be quite magical to see it in this setting. I do kind of like art worked into its surroundings.

Kim (frogpondsrock) said...

Oh wow, thanks for posting these photos Jientje, Can I copy a couple of the images to put in my journal?

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive