The last Fave Five of the month of August! Can you believe Summer is coming to an end already? Time to look back and share some of the highlights of the week.
1. Family. My husband went on a business trip to Germany so I spent the weekend at my parents house. My daughter and my sisters came over to see me, and it was just wonderful to be together again. I slept in my old room, my father made orange juice for me, my mother and I cooked together … it was just like old times!
2. The company of a good friend. My friend Nana and I spent Saturday morning in Antwerp together. We both love the weekly market, we both love to take pictures, and we’re both coffee lovers, so we had a great time together.
3. A “big” event in Antwerp. Two giant puppets and their human Lilliput puppeteers were roaming the streets of Antwerp and everybody in the whole city was looking out for them. They were really amazing.
4. The French Toast we had for breakfast. I did a bit of research, I believe what you call eggy bread is a savory variety, but we use milk and eggs in the recipe and we eat it with brown sugar on top. It’s something my grandmother used to make me when I was a kid and I LOVE it!
5. Olives with basil and garlic. Yummie!