About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five, Ice Cream Cones and Coffee

 

FFF spring

It’s Friday AGAIN, the month of August is almost halfway. Time flies.
Time to look back and share the favorite things from the week.

fave five

 

1. The weather has been rather unstable this week, but turned out to be a lot better than predicted, so we were still able to enjoy the outdoors a lot.
I did a bike tour with my husband on Sunday and with a friend of mine on Tuesday and we managed to keep our clothes dry on both occasions!
2. Meetings with friends. A bike tour, a lunch appointment and a photo walk with three different friends of mine. It’s been a busy week!
3. Breakfast at my friend Nana’s. Our days are always too short so in order to get an early start we had breakfast together at her place, which was a real treat!  
4. Ice cream cones. I had two this week! The one I had yesterday was one of the best I had in a long time. It had vanilla and speculoos (cookies) flavor. Yummie!
5. Coffee breaks. Nothing better than catching up with friends over a nice cup of coffee. There have been many this week!

Friday’s Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.

13 comments:

Colleen said...

Just taking a quick break from my vacation to catch up on blogs. The croissant and the ice cream look delicious! Looks like you've had a wonderful week! Enjoy the weekend.

Unknown said...

Those pictures are as delicious as I am sure that ice cream was.

Wanda..... said...

It's early morning here and your lovely photos have left me wanting a treat! I've had a few peach cobbler icecream cones this week myself, Jientje!
♥...Wanda

Caution/Lisa said...

What a marvelous week!! Ice cream and I are old friends. It just makes life so much better.

The French Bear said...

Looks like you had a good week filled with lots of yummy things!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Loree said...

It looks like you've had a busy week. I love the look of that icecream.

ellen b said...

Hi Jientje! What a great week filled with exercise, food and friends. Looks like a wonderful lane to ride a bike on...

Bientje said...

Sounds like a lovely week!
Did you try the jacuzzi at Nana's place?
;-)
Big hug,
Your little sister

Brenda said...

Those coffee's look delicious! Ice cream twice in a week is a real treat. I always enjoy your pictures, you have a way of making everything look so attractive.

Cindy said...

You have to have those coffee breaks they are a push forward even for me.

You have written on my favourites as well, coffe, cones, bike rides and Nana's

Have a good week

Pat said...

What a fun-filled week! And you have the pictures to prove it!

Becky said...

Yummy ice cream cone! Must have one now!

Unknown said...

I had ice cream once this week. :) Maybe I should go grab another. I can't believe how time is flying!!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive