About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five, Photo Walks and Bike Tours

 

 

FFF spring

Another week has gone by. I can’t believe it’s August already!
Time to look back on the week that has passed and highlight some of our favorite things by joining Friday’s Fave Five
This meme is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.

fave five august 6th

 

1. Phone calls with my Mom. We’ve been phoning each other a lot more lately. I need to hear her at least every other day.
2. My husband’s new bike. No more hired bikes for us, we both have our own now!
We made another tour last Saturday. You can see the pictures here.
3. A little bit of camera fun in Lier while I was waiting for my husband. He had an appointment there so I made a little photo walk on my own. I enjoyed it.
4. Meatballs in tomato sauce. The weather has been a lot cooler these past few days, which made me crave old fashioned comfort food. Need I say more?
4. Patchwork and quilting class. We’re making a patchwork pillow in only four lessons.  I learned how to quilt yesterday. The teacher even let me borrow her quilting hoop because they were out of stock at the shop. I would never have thought I would be able to pull this off  - it looked so difficult at first - but I am, and it’s looking good!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Love the bike. Meatballs sound good right about now, it's lunch time here. You're probably sleeping, however. Have a great day!

Lisa notes... said...

How nice that you get to talk to your mom so often. Such a blessing. Glad your hubby has his own bike now. Enjoy!

Loree said...

Very beautiful patchwork pillow.

Brenda said...

Quilting is so much fun, I was addicted for a while and would like to get back in to it, but I need a more stable life :)

Wonderful pictures, they really make your post come alive.

TXDidi said...

You are going to love quilting. I was intimidated at first, too, but once you learn the basics, it is just a matter of practicing your skills and enjoying the fun of picking out fabric and combining colors.

Wanda..... said...

Your quilting is lovely, Jientje. My mother was a quilter, made well over 100 quilts in her lifetime!

momma24 said...

Love the picture of the thimble and needle, what a great perspective and list.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Love the quilting picture! Sounds like you had a great week. Take care!

Cathie said...

Great news on the new bike and quilting class. I hope you're having fun. The meatballs look great. Have a good week.

Susanne said...

Good for you for learning quilting! And yay for the bike. So much easier to just go when the mood strikes you. Enjoy it!

Jaeyde said...

are you doing the quilting all by hand? I've wanted to try that but seems so very time consuming! I'm most afraid I'd get bored before I finished.... :/

(visiting from FFF via Linky)

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive