About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, August 9, 2010

Macro Monday, Patchwork and Quilting

 

mm

Macro Monday is easy to play, snap a macro (or any close-up) photo, and post it on your blog. Join the fun at Lisa’s Chaos.

 

 

IMG_2158bc
This week I’m sharing some close ups of the patchwork pillow I’ve been working on.

IMG_2157bc

 

IMG_2159bc

15 comments:

MaR said...

I love patchwork and it's something I would really love to try!! beautiful shots of your pillow.

Macro Monday

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....this is so very detailed and what a concept for a macro shot. I love it.

My Macro is Nautical

Hope your Monday is treating you well.

Wanda..... said...

I love the soft colored fabric you chose for your pillow, Jientje. I have 2 squares intended for pillows, that my mother never finished...Her large roll out quilting frame for quilts is in my attic.
♥...Wanda

joco said...

Interesting to see you putting the patches together with a hemming stitch. The fabric looks like it might be linen. Well, if this is Belgium, it must be linen, right?
I was thinking of taking some needlework pictures, if only to document what I have made over the years.

Chesney said...

I would love to see the finished product...love your "teasers"! Very nice!

Gattina said...

It's nice to take a picture of the work, but that's nothing for me, lol!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pattern, so pretty!

Bettey said...

A beautiful macro!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Hood Photo Blog

Maaike said...

wat een leuk onderwerp.
hele leuke fotos

Kala said...

Wonderful details in these images.

Unknown said...

It is going to be beautiful! I love your thimble! Crazy huh...that I think thimbles can be pretty or just unique!

Suburban Girl said...

Love the thimble. I really need to get one. Oh how I hurt myself trying to find substitutes.

Carletta said...

Love the soft rose pattern of the fabric!
I used to do some work like this years ago.
I do hope you show us the completed project. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful double duty with these photos. You not only get lovely pillows but nice pictures.

Unknown said...

Love the fabric choices! What a great idea for a macro!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive