About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Midweek Blues, Laundry Day

 

 

mwb 1575

 

There is something very photogenic about laundry hanging from a balcony, at least, that’s my opinion. I can never get past it without pointing my camera at it! 

IMG_6786bc

Play along with Midweek Blues. Post a picture with a little or a lot of blue in it and join the fun at the Dusty Cellar.

10 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

That laundry adds quite an artistic and colourful perspective to the verandah rails! Great photo!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Yes, I feel the same way. This laundry is looking so neat up there. It's even color coded! Perhaps they knew you would be strolling by and they wanted to look their best.

Wanda..... said...

The laundry is like a dressing for the walls! ♥...Wanda

Anonymous said...

I love to see the laundry from the balcony. I live in the country and often I see clotheslines out in the sunshine with laundry blowing in the breeze.

Jim said...

Hi Jientje ~~ This is a nice shot. Me too, I take a lot of laundry hanging shots.
My guess is that this is a bachelor pad's outside drying rack. Everything is so neat and well placed. I would use clothes pins in case of wind.
Happy MW Blues. :)
..
Not much blue in mine this time but a very blue story.
..

James said...

I agree but the for me the building and balcony must be old and interesting. This is a perfect example.

Suburban Girl said...

I agree, however it is getting harder and harder to find laundry hanging on a line around here. Everyone has a dryer these days.

Kathy said...

Living in a large city, hanging laundry is not something I ever see. It's kind of refreshing. I'll bet it smells good too!

Carletta said...

And wasn't it perfect it was blue and different shades at that! Nice find Jientje!

Unknown said...

You're right! Makes for very nice photos!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive