About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Midweek Blues, Siesta Time

 

 

mwb 1575 

IMG_6796bc

 

I took this photo in Lourmarin, in the south of France.
Chipped paint, old wood, a rusty rain pipe, closed shutters …
… and two chairs waiting for their owners to come out when their siesta is over.
Perfect ingredients for a Provence picture.
And because of the blue paint it makes for a perfect Midweek Blues picture as well.

 

Play along with Midweek Blues. Post a picture with a little or a lot of blue in it and join the fun at the Dusty Cellar.

18 comments:

Jim said...

I really like this picture, Jientje. The word austere comes to my mind.

Been there for a bit but we didn't stay long. We sure did miss those chairs.
That was back when we spent our week in Provence.
Five nights of it were in St. Remy.
..

Unknown said...

Two Chairs, "Waiting for Godot". Excellent.

Carol said...

Great photo...simple yet it says alot.

Suburban Girl said...

I just love those wonderful old textures. Beautiful.

The Retired One said...

I'd love to hear all the stories told over the years by the butts that sat in those chairs. ha

Heidi said...

This picture causes me to wonder what the view is from the chairs. You know I really would like to have my sister paint one of your photos on my eat in area wall. Remember I asked you about that before. Mother, may I? What would that cost me?

Heidi said...

Do you have the game Mother May I in Belgium? It's a children's game.

Kim, USA said...

That is very cool and beautiful photo. Happy Wednesday!
Midweek Blues

Carletta said...

Old world STYLE captured beautifully!
I love this Jientje for all those things you mention.

(Round The Bend)

Dianne said...

the tone/hue of this photo is so lovely
and your composition is flawless

I would frame this and display it proudly :)

Loree said...

A perfect picture. For a minute I thought the image was taken in Malta. The architecture is so similar.

Kathy said...

I particularly love this kind of photo - chipped paint, interesting windows and doors!

spacedlaw said...

Perfect ingredients indeed.

Eve said...

When I'm away from my blog friends like I have been so frequently I forget how much I enjoy your pictures. You take pictures of things I would never think to snap. And they're always lovely.

Unknown said...

WOW THAT IS A FABULOUS PICTURE! I LOVE IT! I wish I were there right now...and it isn't even mid week...! Love this picture!

Tammie Lee said...

I love all the details and colors in this.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Really really interesting! And yes, I like all the paint, rust, and wood textures. Fun to look at all the details!

James said...

This looks like my kind of place, Nice photo Jientje!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive