About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five, Scottish Festival

 

FFF spring

 

It’s THAT day of the week again, it’s Friday and time to look back on the week that has past and share some of the highlights.
Friday’s Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.

Fave Five sept 3

September already, officially it’s still Summer, but it’s starting to look – and smell – a lot like Fall this past week.

1. Our weekly market is held on Saturdays so I took my shopping basket and went out to buy some fresh produce like fruits and vegetables. I also bought a roasted chicken which made a super easy and delicious Saturday lunch!
2. The Scottish Festival and Highland games we attended.
3. Guinness on draught. My favorite non Belgian beer! Yummie!
4. The little notes my husband leaves behind for me. 
5. First day of school. I’m taking cooking classes this year. Our first meeting was yesterday and it looks like it’s going to be fun. 

23 comments:

Gattina said...

yes it smells automn ! I don't like it at all !
Looks as if you have been in Scotland, lol !

Cindy said...

Our weekly market is on Saturdays also. This Saturday marks our 75 mile yard sale. Ya, amazing but for 1/4 of the Eastern end of the Island has a yard sale and it is now.

I love little notes.

Our school will start soon. I saw many school buses yesterday while on my travels.
Have a great weekend.

Colleen said...

What a fun week! I hope you enjoy your cooking class. I imagine you will excel in it!

Barbara H. said...

I have always wanted to attend a Scottish festival. Looks like fun! And I love little notes. Have fun at the cooking class!

Carrie said...

Oh wow! The cooking class sounds very fun! And the Highland Games? Drool.

As always, love your pictures. (I should think of something more unique to say but there it is!)

kayerj said...

we had a touch of fall this week too. the festival looks like great fun.

Unknown said...

Scottish games? In Belgium? Ah, but Guinness. YUM!

Loree said...

That is so sweet that your husband leaves you little notes. Enjoy your cooking classes.

Kristi said...

TheScottish Festival looks like such a great time!!

Brenda said...

i"m excited to hear that you are taking cooking classes! That means we should start seeing even more delicious looking pictures of food on your blog :)

Looks like you had a good week.

Jerralea said...

It would be fun to take cooking classes! I'm sure you will be at the head of the class.

Little love notes are fun to get - and to send!

Susanne said...

Awww, I love a good love note!

The Scottish games look fun. I've only ever seen those on TV.

Moira said...

Guinness on draught, the only way to drink it!! I am learning to appreciate beers more :o)

Our market is Saturday, also. I can't wait for tomorrow! If we don't get rained out, that is...

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

The Scottish festival looks like so much fun!

And cooking classes? I'd love that. As usual, your photos are awe-inspiring.

Karyn said...

The market looks inspiring.

I've been to Scottish Games once - they were lots of fun!

Cooking classes sound like a good time.

You are blessed to have a man who leaves notes for you!

TXDidi said...

Oh, a Scottish festival. Those are so much fun. And your cooking class sounds like a lot of fun as well. Do they concentrate on just one style of cooking or do you get to try all sorts of things? Hope you have a wonderful upcoming week.

Wanda..... said...

You're taking cooking lessons, Jientje? I think you could probably give them!

A Lady's Life said...

We have a long week end this week end and I thought it was Saturday already when it is only Friday
Re ady to par ty! Re ady to par ty lol

momma24 said...

I always love your pictures! What a great list.

Bientje said...

You take cooking lessons sis???????
LOL
Big hug,
Your little sister

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad you enjoyed the Scottish Festival. It has been awhile since I heard the Skirl of the Pipes. Guinness is a good beer.

Glad you are enjoying your back to school.

Autumn is one the way here as well. During the trip there were places where the leaves were changing.

Rob Siemann said...

Proud Scots! Having lived both in Scotland and in Ireland for many years, I have to tell you that, although the Scots love the stuff as well, Guinness is irish. The Guinness Brewery is in Dublin.

nana said...

Wauw, dat lijkt me echt de moeite!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed