About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, September 20, 2010

Macro Monday, Giant Fungi

 

 

4841868868_bd9fd8077f_m

 

On one of our recent bike trips we discovered these giant fungi. It was huge.  

It was just perfect for a Macro Monday photo shoot!

IMG_2885bc

IMG_2889bc

 IMG_2882bc

 

IMG_2888bc

IMG_2891bc

 

IMG_2894bc

Macro Monday is hosted by Lisa at Lisa’s Chaos.

18 comments:

Limarea said...

Fantastic textures! Love your photos :)

Colleen said...

That's enormous! Great pictures. I love the spider webs on the last couple of pics.

Wanda..... said...

I've never seen such a huge fungi, I liked the curling pinecone look of it's surface. I visualize a frilly flower in one and a desert sand scene in the last.

MaR said...

I haven't seen anything like it! how impressive!

Jan n Jer said...

Wow great shots!

Suburban Girl said...

Ha - a macro of something macro! Very cool find.

Maaike said...

wow da's echt een geweldige elfenbank
daar past een hele klas op ;-)

Gattina said...

Terrific ! what a funghus ! Very beautiful shots !

A Lady's Life said...

I wonder if you could eat them?
They sure are huge!!!

Kala said...

That is AMAZING! Cannot believe the size of that fungi.

Carol said...

Super shots!!! I have a fascination with fungi and love to photo them.

Avril said...

Wow - that IS huge !!! Fantastic photos from different angles! Lovely!

Loree said...

Oh my, I have never seen anything l ike them. How interesting.

Carletta said...

Super detail in the macros Jientje!
It's been growing awhile I'd say.

Pat said...

Holy cow! We're talking MIGHTY MUSHROOMS here! Great macro shots!

Susanne said...

Those are amazing and provided you with some great shots.

Unknown said...

Holy cow I've never seen fungus that big! Amazing! I can see how fairies would live amongst that, lol.

Nana said...

Eén van de mooie dingen aan herfst!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed