About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekly Winners, Bokrijk Museum Park

weeklywinnersaugust2010

 

Some of my favorite pictures taken last Sunday at Bokrijk Museum Park, 
all about daily life a hundred years ago…

 

 

IMG_2628bc

 

IMG_2641bc 

 

 

 

IMG_2820bc

 

Weekly Winners is hosted by Lotus, AKA Sarcastic Mom at I am Lotus.

16 comments:

Secret Agent Mama - Mishelle Lane said...

LOVE that last one!! Great shots across the board, Jientje!

Tara R. said...

Amazing set! The living history museum is an intriguing snapshot of what life was like then. Wonderful photos.

Rachel said...

Oh how amazing. What a great place to visit.
The tint on the pictures is perfect

Wanda..... said...

Beautiful photos of the past, Jientje. I remember the sticky 'fly catching tape' hanging from the ceiling...yuk! I have a set of small bowls like the one with the spoon!

Unknown said...

Those are great photos. :) We had something like that when I lived in Indiana. I so wanna go back now that I have a digital camera ;)

Sarah said...

I love places like that. So incredible to see life how it was. Great captures this week! I don't think I can pick a favorite!

Tela said...

i cannot imagine living like that. the first shot is great, with the light coming in through the open door

Amy said...

These are amazing - what a gorgeous series. I love all of them.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

wonderful collection of photos this week!

A Lady's Life said...

I love such photos.
Have you ever seen on TV, the fellow who went into the Alaska woods and built a cabin by hand with just a few tools and lived there till he almost died beside a lake?
There was a plane that brought him supplies he could not otherwise get, like socks.
He loved the solitary life, hunted, had a garden,and chopped wood for winter.
He even used an axe to chop the wood for his cabin.He carved his own spoons and hammer handles and used wooden nails.He lived a dream.

Denise @ Musician's Widow said...

I love places like that...its fascinating and great photo ops. These are wonderful!

United Studies said...

Great pictures...I love visiting museums like that. They are always very interesting places to visit.

Rob Siemann said...

I've seen some places in the Greek mountains, Albania and Macedonia, which look very much like this!

spacedlaw said...

I particularly like the second picture!

jp said...

oh nice coloring, I like the one with the cross in the mirror best!

The French Bear said...

Jientje, your photos are so lovely!!! I would love to have one blown up to hang in my kitchen, the problem is I love them all!!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed