- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, August 26, 2011
Friday's Fave Five, Visiting a Chateau
It's Friday again, time to reflect on the week that has passed and post about five favorite things from your week. Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, if you're looking for the rules, they're here.
It's been a beautiful week, with some very nice sunny days, and of course a little bit of rain as well. We wouldn't know we were in Belgium if it were different!
1. Sunday morning breakfast. I always try to make it a little bit special. This week was very special because the weather was nice enough to be able to eat outside in the sun. The new cups and bowls made the table extra cheerful. Because I'm still watching my weight, I made a low calorie version of eggy bread. I used sweetener instead of sugar and used the oil spray to grease the pan to bake them in. I served it with fresh strawberries and low fat fresh cheese.
2. We visited Chateau Marnix de Sainte Aldegonde in Bornem. A beautiful castle, exceptionally open to the public. The owners still live in it, and it is completely furnished and decorated. We were not allowed to take photos inside though, but the views outside were also stunning, so I still was glad I brought my camera.
3. Cows. Whenever I see cows, I want to photograph them!
4. My Weight Watcher's cookbook. I love to read in it and get ideas for low calorie meals, snacks, breakfasts and lunches. There are lots and lots of delicious recipes in it, I already tried a couple of them and they were a great success.
5. Fresh soup. Nothing like a good bowl of fresh soup with a slice of homemade bread!
Absolutely no calories ( well hey, OK correction ... very low calorie ) and very satisfying!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- Midweek Blues, One More
- Macro Monday, Castle in the Background
- Weekly Winners, the Chateau
- Friday's Fave Five, Visiting a Chateau
- Street Views in Provence, Le Barroux, the Castle
- Midweek Blues, Music Maestro Please!
- Ruby Tuesday, at the Medieval Festival
- Weekly Winners, at the Medieval Festival
- Friday's Fave Five, Knights in Shining Armor
- Street Views in Provence, Le Barroux
- Friday's Fave Five, Fresh Herbs and Clean Floors
- Street views in Provence, Bonnieux (3)
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2010 (198)