About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, April 24, 2009

Fave Five, Life can be Beautiful ...


Time to reflect on the week that has passed, thanks to this meme, hosted by Suzanne at Living to tell the Story. I love this meme, it makes the good things in my life even more intense.
It was a fabulous week, I'm so happy it's almost scary.

1. Top of the bill: My daughter. We spent a wonderful evening together again last Saturday.
Time with my daughter is very dear to me. Life has pulled us apart when she was only three, and we have gone through a lot of heartache to find each other again. Life can be so cruel. She brought me a little gift. A tiny little book titled "Mama", ... so precious, I'll cherish it for the rest of my life. It has quotes and gorgeous photo's of mothers and daughters. It was her way of telling me that she loves me. I love her to pieces. I do. And I think she knows now.

2. My ineluctable Belgian weather report! The warmest and most beautiful Spring month ever!! Well, no, we had similar April weather two years ago. And then after that it rained ALL SUMMER long! So yes, it's a wee bit scary for us. We enjoy eating outside, the sunny days and the blue skies, but at the same time we hold our breaths, and hope from the bottom of our hearts that our Summer days will not be counted after this!

3. On Sunday we made an excursion to Haspengouw to photograph the fruit trees in bloom. That's a region in Belgium with lots of fruit producers, and the landscapes with all the fruit trees in bloom were breath taking.

4. Yesterday was another beautiful day. I had no idea where the day would take me, all I knew was I wanted to enjoy it. So I called a friend and we spent some time together going on a photo walk. She's a great photographer, and I so enjoyed her company.
And yes ... I took tons of pictures on both occasions!

5. New clothes!! I have managed to loose quite a bit of weight in the past months, and none of my clothes from last year seemed to fit any more. I got rid of most of my "skinny" clothes last year when I decluttered my closets, so I really was in urgent need of a couple of new things.
I usually don't like shopping for clothes much, but this time around I managed to find some nice things.

So there, it's been a wonderful week again. I hope yours was too?

Find more Fave Five stories at Susanne's at Living to Tell the Story.

18 comments:

Annette Barendregt said...

Prachtig gedaan, die collage. Mag ik die foto van "Mama, mama" van je hebben? acbarendregt@hotmail.com

Alvast hartelijk bedankt!

Anonymous said...

Dank U for such a great post especially about your daughter. I am anxious to find out, if you are willing to share, and No my Belgian Bombshell, I didn't search your blog for this answer, what happened with you and your daughter. This was so great. Skinny hey...Congrats...but skinny or heavy...it's your heart that makes you you. :)

Jientje said...

@ Annette: Ik stuur 'm direct door!
@ Thom: That's a very long story. And um ... I'm not that skinny you know, just skinnier!

Nessa said...

A wonderful weekly recap.

Melli said...

Jientje... I had no idea you were separated from your daughter -- and so young. How heartbreaking! You must tell the story one day - or email me a link if you have already told it. How WONDERFUL that you have been reunited ... but how sad that you missed even a day of her life. I can not imagine it!

Unknown said...

That really sounds like an amazing week :)!
I'm glad you found your daughter again and you guys are close!

Well, my week was alright but not overly cheerful as you can imagine.
I'll live though.

Unknown said...

Your daughter is beautiful. Just like her mother.

Willow said...

What a lovely week you've had!

Jerralea said...

I've been reading your blog for several weeks now, and it makes me want to visit Belgium! But in the spring!

Glad you and your daughter are together again!

Bientje said...

Your post brings tears to my eyes... they are tears of joy though! Don't worry! I am so happy you two found each other at last!
Big hug!
Your little sister

quilly said...

I love it when you write about your daughter -- the love shines through.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Oh there is so much in your story about your daughter. Makes me feel tearful to think about the little book she brought you. I'm so glad you got to see each other.

Brenda said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! Good for you. And how nice to spend time with your daughter and to come away feeling so great about it. Nice week!

Susanne said...

It does sound like an absolutely wonderful week you had. How sweet of your daughter to think of you with that little book. A treasure to keep for sure.

What a great reason to have to clothes shop!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

5 New things I learned today.

Jientje said...

@ Nessa: that's the beauty of this meme.
@ Melli: I will tell that story. As soon as i'm ready.
@ Nicole: I'm sorry, hugs dear.
@ Lou: Thanks, you're a sweetheart.
@ Willow: I have, yes.
@ Jerralea: Thanks.
@ Bientje: you of all people know, what we've been through. Hugs, sis.
@ Quilly: I'm so glad it's obvious.
@ Robynn: That little book brought tears to my eyes as well you know!
@ Brenda: it was!
@ Susanne: It is a treasure. And sho is she.
@ Bill: Thanks for dropping by Bill, it's always nice to get to know each other a little better.

Kari said...

Belgium looks so pretty in your photo's, and it must be even better in real life.
That's so wonderful to hear that you spent time with your daughter. Precious moments.

Great List.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful week!

Paz

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive