- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, April 24, 2009
Fave Five, Life can be Beautiful ...
Time to reflect on the week that has passed, thanks to this meme, hosted by Suzanne at Living to tell the Story. I love this meme, it makes the good things in my life even more intense.
It was a fabulous week, I'm so happy it's almost scary.
1. Top of the bill: My daughter. We spent a wonderful evening together again last Saturday.
Time with my daughter is very dear to me. Life has pulled us apart when she was only three, and we have gone through a lot of heartache to find each other again. Life can be so cruel. She brought me a little gift. A tiny little book titled "Mama", ... so precious, I'll cherish it for the rest of my life. It has quotes and gorgeous photo's of mothers and daughters. It was her way of telling me that she loves me. I love her to pieces. I do. And I think she knows now.
2. My ineluctable Belgian weather report! The warmest and most beautiful Spring month ever!! Well, no, we had similar April weather two years ago. And then after that it rained ALL SUMMER long! So yes, it's a wee bit scary for us. We enjoy eating outside, the sunny days and the blue skies, but at the same time we hold our breaths, and hope from the bottom of our hearts that our Summer days will not be counted after this!
3. On Sunday we made an excursion to Haspengouw to photograph the fruit trees in bloom. That's a region in Belgium with lots of fruit producers, and the landscapes with all the fruit trees in bloom were breath taking.
4. Yesterday was another beautiful day. I had no idea where the day would take me, all I knew was I wanted to enjoy it. So I called a friend and we spent some time together going on a photo walk. She's a great photographer, and I so enjoyed her company.
And yes ... I took tons of pictures on both occasions!
5. New clothes!! I have managed to loose quite a bit of weight in the past months, and none of my clothes from last year seemed to fit any more. I got rid of most of my "skinny" clothes last year when I decluttered my closets, so I really was in urgent need of a couple of new things.
I usually don't like shopping for clothes much, but this time around I managed to find some nice things.
So there, it's been a wonderful week again. I hope yours was too?
Find more Fave Five stories at Susanne's at Living to Tell the Story.
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)
- Sweetsauer's Photo Scavenger hunt.
- Quilly'sThree Word Thursday
- ABC in idioms, A and B
- Ruby Tuesday, Raindrops
- Macro Monday Apple Blossoms
- Weekly Winners, Don't Sit under the Appletree ...
- Around the World in 80 Clicks. Mama ...
- Fave Five, Life can be Beautiful ...
- Quilly's Three Word Thursday
- Anouncing a New Photo Challenge
- Rubies from Bruges. Again!
- Macro Monday Stop Bugging me!
- Weekly Winners Fun in the Kitchen
- Saturday Something ...? American Apple Pie.
- Fave Five, Friends, Family and a Birthday.
- Sepia Scenes meets Three Words Thursday
- Melli's ABC Challenge, Y and Z
- Ruby Tuesday An Apple a Day ...
- Macro Monday
- Weekly Winners, All Things Sweet ...
- You know ... I've been thinking ...
- Friday's Favourite Five
- Quilly's Three Word Challenge
- Melli's Alphabet Challenge, W and X
- Rubies from Bruges
- Fun Monday, Holiday in Provence
- Weekly Winners, Nothing Much ...
- Walk on ...
- Friday's Fave Five
- Sepia Scenes Spring in Antwerp
- Melli's ABC challenge U and V
- ▼ April (31)