- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, April 3, 2009
Friday's Fave Five
It seems as if time and my days swift away ( yeah, I know that's not a real verb, but I like it) each week. Come Friday I find myself thinking, "oh my, where has my week gone to"?
And then when I look back ....
1. We're on daylights saving time now!! That is something I look forward to more than my birthday, Christmas and Easter packed together. I'm the kind of girl that needs a lot of light, and an hour extra daylight makes the days seem just a wee bit longer.
On the down side, my biological clock still is not functioning the way it should.
I'm used to waking up spontaneously at 6.45 am, but now I wake up at seven.
2. On Saturday I had a meeting with two blogger friends and my sisters in Bruges.
We took a trip on the canals, had diner in a lovely restaurant, took lots and lots of pictures, and it was fun! I love Bruges, it's the town where I was born, lived and worked until I moved to Antwerp when I was 23. Each time I visit Bruges I find that I've missed it ... so much.
3. The weather. I know this Fave Five has a tendency to look like a weather report each week, but if you lived in Belgium, you'd understand. Blue skies and sunny days are very precious to us, and we've been spoiled again this week! We had gorgeous Spring weather, nice and warm temperatures, flowers, blossoms .... sheer heaven!
4. Violets!!! I just LOVE those little violets, they are such sweet little flowers.
I enjoy looking at them, but I use them in salads and starters as well.
I just need to plant them on my patio each year. I bought some this week.
5. Another award!!! My friend Thom gave it to me last week, and it had already been passed on to me by Jan as well. It's an award with a very special precious meaning.
“This blog invests and believes in ‘proximity’ [meaning that blogging makes us 'close' - being close through proxy].”
Proximidade, created by Dawn at Twisted Sister and passed on to me by Thom and Jan is described as follows:
This blog invests and believes in proximity- nearness in space, time and relationships. Nominated bloggers are exceedingly charming, they aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. This blog award should be sent to another eight bloggers and they, in turn, should forward it to eight of their favorites. You should include the text for Proximidade in your blog announcement. And please note that all awards and tags are optional…Twisted Sister.
I'm going to pass this one on to:
Libby, at Neas Nuttiness
Jacki at Moving at the speed of life
Nicole B, at NicoleB Photography
Maggie, at Maggie's Mind
Sassydog, at Becky and her babies.
Mar at Maremagnum
Robin, at Around the island
And Evelyn at the Red Bell Farm
because of that sense of propinquity I have with each and every one of them.
I could have added so much more to my Fave Five's list today.
Such as blogging with the door to the patio wide open, children's voices at the school playground nearby, that first butterfly of the season I saw yesterday , the sun on my skin and the promise that today is going to be a beautiful day as well ...
But this is it from me today.
I hope you'll all have a great day as well.
For more Fave Five's visit Susanne's blog Living to tell the story.
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)
- Sweetsauer's Photo Scavenger hunt.
- Quilly'sThree Word Thursday
- ABC in idioms, A and B
- Ruby Tuesday, Raindrops
- Macro Monday Apple Blossoms
- Weekly Winners, Don't Sit under the Appletree ...
- Around the World in 80 Clicks. Mama ...
- Fave Five, Life can be Beautiful ...
- Quilly's Three Word Thursday
- Anouncing a New Photo Challenge
- Rubies from Bruges. Again!
- Macro Monday Stop Bugging me!
- Weekly Winners Fun in the Kitchen
- Saturday Something ...? American Apple Pie.
- Fave Five, Friends, Family and a Birthday.
- Sepia Scenes meets Three Words Thursday
- Melli's ABC Challenge, Y and Z
- Ruby Tuesday An Apple a Day ...
- Macro Monday
- Weekly Winners, All Things Sweet ...
- You know ... I've been thinking ...
- Friday's Favourite Five
- Quilly's Three Word Challenge
- Melli's Alphabet Challenge, W and X
- Rubies from Bruges
- Fun Monday, Holiday in Provence
- Weekly Winners, Nothing Much ...
- Walk on ...
- Friday's Fave Five
- Sepia Scenes Spring in Antwerp
- Melli's ABC challenge U and V
- ▼ April (31)