About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, April 20, 2009

Macro Monday Stop Bugging me!






More Macro Monday pictures at Lisa's Chaos.

25 comments:

quilly said...

Now how did you get that fly to pose for you? Did it pick the photo-shoot locations, or did you?

MaR said...

Oh, dear! there is one thing I cannot look at and those are macro shots of bugs...but the glimpse of a flower was beautiful! (I quickly scrolled down, sorry about that)
My MM is up, happy Monday, Jientje!

Anonymous said...

You making Quilly jealous...LOL...great photos as usual. I don't know how you do it but they are just the best...You need to get published :). BTW your gravatar image is coming out great. Glad you got it up and running :)

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I cannot use the macro on my camera, for some reason when I got it back from being lost (Long story) the camera didn't work quite the same.

Main thing it is back and I can charm and entice everyone with my pictures from my bus.

Liked these pictures, I am thinking that fly would be good bait for a trout or salmon.

June said...

Some winning shots here!

Nicole said...

Haaaattttscchhhiiiiiii.....!
Boy, did you have to get THAT close to the flowers?
;)
I totally love the second one.
Crisp and so colourful!

margie said...

very clear, terrific photos.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Nice photos of one of my least favorite subjects, ~ insects.

Unknown said...

Stunning. Just stunning.

Julie said...

simply lovely.

Gattina said...

I don't like wasps but your picture is gorgeous !
I tried today to make a macros shot of cat Rosie's nose ! Not an easy task but I think it came out well.

Becky said...

I knew this was going to be good, close ups of bugs. What great shots! These kinds of bugs sren't too creepy!

Mike Minzes said...

WOW!! Amazing pictures!

Mojo said...

Can't figure out if that's a really small bug or really huge flowers! Either way, they're both really superb photos.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Truly amazing what the camera's eye can show our eyes.

Horseartist said...

The pink tulip shot is nice. The stamen and like architectural elements.

Tatersmama said...

They're absolutely beautiful!!!... and I'm fascinated with the wasp. (is that what it is?) Do you know what type it is? I went googling, but couldn't find anything comparable.

Unknown said...

Oh fun!!! Love your little pests!

Dr.John said...

Fantastic close up pictures. I loved them.

Avril said...

Oh - WOW !!! Second one of the bee in the tulip is AMAZING !!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love your blog and am always interested in macro shots. You were on Abe Lincoln Blogs and left a comment. Thanks for that. I appreciate it. If you want to see a couple of my macro shots you need to go to http://gobsmacks.blogspot.com/
where you can see a couple of flies. I think you might like them.

Abe Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio

Christine said...

Love the colors of spring. You are way ahead of us.

Jan said...

These are wonderful macros. Love the bugs.

Brenda said...

Those pictures are amazing! you almost make bugs look attractive.

BLOGitse said...

wow, wow and wow! just beautiful!!!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive