About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Melli's ABC Challenge, Y and Z

Another week has passed.
What did I just say? Twenty six letters, that's THIRTEEN weeks!
This week we have reached the final two letters of Melli's Alphabet!
It was fun doing, even if it took me some time to get into it at first.
BUT ... we did it, we made it all the way through till the end!


I made a small selection of the Y's I found over the weeks, but I have only one picture for Z.
Most of the Y's are photographed at the beguinage of Leuven, the one on the top right is from Gent. I found my Z's at Antwerp Station last week. I think it's perfect for the final photo because it pictures how "time flies" when you're having fun!



.... And maybe this could be an idea for a new challenge, I don't know, it just hit me!
You might all know how much I love vocabulary, so I thought maybe we could do idioms?
Each of us pick an idiom - to our own liking - and we illustrate it with a picture.
I suggest we follow the alphabet once again?

Okay, I'll show you what I mean:

A is for "Apple pie order"


Since everybody asked about the apple pie yesterday, here they are, in perfect apple pie order!
The top ones are are all apple pies, and the bottom one is a cherry pie. They were all home made. The cherry pie at the bottom of the picture was made by my sister Lena, the second one was my "American" pie, the third one was a delicious apple lemon pie, and the top one was an apple banana crumble made by my daughter.

So there, maybe that would be an interesting idea for a new challenge?
Tell me what you think, okay?

19 comments:

quilly said...

Great Z -- lovely Ys -- and idioms! Brilliant and challenging.

Btw -- only 13 weeks. We did two letters at a time you know. ;)

Jientje said...

@ Quilly Oops!! That's right! Time flies, but not THAT fast huh?

Janet said...

What a wonderful Z! Great job with both letters. And your idiom idea sounds promising!

SandyCarlson said...

Your Y, Z, and A are wonderful!

Rita Loca said...

Very fun to see what you came up with!

Melli said...

IDIOMS? LOL! I think it sounds like a GREAT idea! Will it be played on Wednesday? And when will it start? TWO idioms a week? OY! Okie doke!

Melli said...

OH! I got so excited about your IDEA I forgot to tell you how VERRRRRRRRRY much I loooooooove your Z's!!! They are GOLDEN!

Nessa said...

The food looks spectacular again.

Terri said...

Oh, fabulous Ys and pies! And your Z is just the best. Love your new idea. Can we have a little breather before it starts??

Anonymous said...

Those are just so great! Love all the Ys, and those Zs are just...golden!!

Christine said...

I love the Z. They look like thunderbolts! I think you saved the best for the last. Those pies look terrific. Where is my fork when I need it?

Eve said...

Love your letters and your pies. And your new location! I miss a few weeks visiting you and you move! lol

Anonymous said...

Wonderful letters Jientje. You are so good at this. I like your idea of playing with idioms. Great idea

Carletta said...

Wonderful Y's! Do they serve any kind of purpose? The bottom left one looks like you could hang something on it.
I like the idiom idea - when do we start!!!
It's been a pleasure seeing what you have found all these weeks.

Shh, don't tell Quilly but she said 15 weeks in her last paragraph. :)

Terri said...

Speaking of the Antwerp Station -- you must be aware of this video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k
What a fabulous brilliant event! I hope something like this happens when I travel!
Is this a commercial for something? Or just for fun?

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with the ABC challenge. I love how you were able to find the letters in your photos.

You proposed challenge sounds pretty cool. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Paz

Robynn's Ravings said...

I'll tell ya what I think...I think I'll be catching the next flight over. Between you and Belgium I have never seen more BEAUTIFUL food!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Your letters are great, the 13 weeks went really fast. I am only a watcher, to be honest I don't have the time to play, but do love to see everyone else's.

Bill

Gattina said...

Very nice Y and Z ! yes it is sad that it ended,and I joined in so late. But my best friend died of colon cancer when the game started and I really wasn't in a creative mood.
The pies look very yummmy !
I agree with Melli, it is a very good idea. I had thought about numbers, but there would only be nine. Let me know if and when it starts !

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive