About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quilly's Three Word Challenge

She heard a slight click as she gently closed the door behind her.
She looked up and saw the golden glow of the sun on the church tower.
The light was growing dim, it would soon be dark.


High above her the swallows swooped through the air, she could hear their shrill shrieks.
It was getting chilly, she thought, and she quickened her pace.

She walked and walked until she arrived in a small alley...



DANG DANG DANG DANG DANG!!!

We interrupt this post for an important message.


Dear readers of this blog.
It is with great grief in our hearts that we have to inform you that Jientje is reported missing.
She intended to write a story for Quilly's famous three word challenge.

The story would have involved a certain vampire who does not like his picture taken.
As you probably can see, judging from the pictures she has showed so far, the setting would have been quite tenebrous. This post would also have included a jussulent hotpot in the fireplace as pictured here below.


The story would even have included the recipe for an ebullient liquid, brewed from some hitonious ingredients like snails eyes, snake tails and cow manure, all mixed into some kind of a mud soup.

Unfortunately, Jientje has been abducted by her sister, a blogger friend and the sister of the blogger friend. They're going to eat Belgian waffles in Gent to celebrate the friend's birthday.

So sorry.
It would have been a great story.
And now you'll never know how it would have ended?
But from what I've heard, the waffles are the best in Belgium. ;-)

20 comments:

Melli said...

Well DUH! Belgian Waffles!? Who doesn't know THAT??? *sigh* I AM sad not to hear the story though!

WHICH camera do YOU have?

Becky said...

They must be really extraordinary waffles to leave us hanging! I would have done the same thing. I'm not turning done good food for anybody!

Christine said...

Dang! Well , at least you are safe. Would have been awful if you would have ended up added to the hitonious ingredients! My spell checker sure did not like that word! Scary.

Gattina said...

Very nice pictures !
Enjoy your girl's day and Bon appétit with your waffles !

Avril said...

Thought I was going to sit down and read a long picture story ... no luck ... I would have also gone for the waffles instead!!! Enjoy!! (just a little/a lot envious here!!)

Robynn's Ravings said...

We'll miss Jientje! I want story details! But I have to say my favorite word was "hitonious." I've never heard that word and love the tongue feel when you say it. :)

quilly said...

Who cares about vampires when there
s family, friends and food to invest in! I hope you had a wonderful time!

Thom said...

And you said you aren't a writer...this is excellent and the pictures even add to the theme of the story and make it even more alive. Maybe the vampire want's to have waffles with you hmmm? Great

Jientje said...

@ Melli: A Canon Powershot S5 IS. Sending you an email.
@ The waffles are truly exquisite. Maybe I should take pictures and make you all drool even more huh?
@ Christine: Okay, at least there is one person who is worried about my safety! Thank you for that!
@ Gattina: I will! Thanks!
@ Avril: Sorry, I did not get very far, now did I?
@ Robynn: I like that word too! Even if the spellcheck does not agree with it!
@ Quilly: I will be leaving in an hour, I still have all the fun ahead of me!
@ Thom: I'm not Thom, honest. Did you know it took me hours to write these six sentences?
I write, I edit, I hesitate, have to look it up ... How do you call the sound a swallow makes? All this kind of stuff? I tell you, writing DOES NOT come easy to me! Well, at least I tried, and thanks for the compliment!
I had no idea vampires liked waffles though?

Libby's Library said...

Dang - all I got for breakfast, was a lowfat yogurt.

Unknown said...

Do they eat Belgian waffles in Belgium? Lovely photos, as always, Jientje.

Anonymous said...

You sound like me when it comes to writing...I do the same...it's not a natural talent with me either...but we have fun doing it...and oh yes Vampires LOVE waffles :)

Fandango said...

That was the best almost story that still used all three words. In fact I think you met Quilly's challenge. The pictures were great as well.
You are a master.

Carletta said...

Very clever Jientje!

Nessa said...

Very creative post and the pictures are great and I want the story too.

Unknown said...

You are just SO talented! And I am totally loving your bigger photos! Too bad your story got interrupted, hope you are back soon. ;)

Maggie's Mind said...

New words, beautiful pictures and thoughts of waffles. Yep, loved this post.

Cherie said...

You were just a trend setter because many participants had cliff hangers today. You just came to yours a little sooner. (Actually, I'm not sure that I wrote many more sentences than you did. lol) Love the photos as illustrations. I hope that you continue on with the story, and in a second language too. You're extraordinary! :)

Jientje said...

@ Libby: We had the waffle for dinner!
@ Lou: Now that you mention it? *giggles*!
@ Thom: As long as it's fun?!
@ Fandango: Meeting the challenge was what I wanted.Thanks for the compliment.
@ Carletta: Thank you. One has to be clever sometimes?
@ Nessa: Thanks, but I'm not such a gifted writer as you are?
@ Lisa: I'm off for another meeting again today!
@ Maggie: So glad you enjoyed it!
@ Cherie: A cliff hanger? That's one way of looking at it!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Oh what a tenebrous situation. To be dragged away and forced to eat the best waffles in Belgium... such cruel and unusual punishment. Hahaha. Hope you had a great day.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive