She heard a slight click as she gently closed the door behind her.
She looked up and saw the golden glow of the sun on the church tower.
The light was growing dim, it would soon be dark.
High above her the swallows swooped through the air, she could hear their shrill shrieks.
It was getting chilly, she thought, and she quickened her pace.
She walked and walked until she arrived in a small alley...
DANG DANG DANG DANG DANG!!!
We interrupt this post for an important message.
Dear readers of this blog.
It is with great grief in our hearts that we have to inform you that Jientje is reported missing.
She intended to write a story for Quilly's famous three word challenge.
The story would have involved a certain vampire who does not like his picture taken.
As you probably can see, judging from the pictures she has showed so far, the setting would have been quite tenebrous. This post would also have included a jussulent hotpot in the fireplace as pictured here below.
The story would even have included the recipe for an ebullient liquid, brewed from some hitonious ingredients like snails eyes, snake tails and cow manure, all mixed into some kind of a mud soup.
Unfortunately, Jientje has been abducted by her sister, a blogger friend and the sister of the blogger friend. They're going to eat Belgian waffles in Gent to celebrate the friend's birthday.
It would have been a great story.
And now you'll never know how it would have ended?
But from what I've heard, the waffles are the best in Belgium. ;-)
- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)
- Sweetsauer's Photo Scavenger hunt.
- Quilly'sThree Word Thursday
- ABC in idioms, A and B
- Ruby Tuesday, Raindrops
- Macro Monday Apple Blossoms
- Weekly Winners, Don't Sit under the Appletree ...
- Around the World in 80 Clicks. Mama ...
- Fave Five, Life can be Beautiful ...
- Quilly's Three Word Thursday
- Anouncing a New Photo Challenge
- Rubies from Bruges. Again!
- Macro Monday Stop Bugging me!
- Weekly Winners Fun in the Kitchen
- Saturday Something ...? American Apple Pie.
- Fave Five, Friends, Family and a Birthday.
- Sepia Scenes meets Three Words Thursday
- Melli's ABC Challenge, Y and Z
- Ruby Tuesday An Apple a Day ...
- Macro Monday
- Weekly Winners, All Things Sweet ...
- You know ... I've been thinking ...
- Friday's Favourite Five
- Quilly's Three Word Challenge
- Melli's Alphabet Challenge, W and X
- Rubies from Bruges
- Fun Monday, Holiday in Provence
- Weekly Winners, Nothing Much ...
- Walk on ...
- Friday's Fave Five
- Sepia Scenes Spring in Antwerp
- Melli's ABC challenge U and V
- ▼ April (31)