About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Quilly's Three Word Thursday


It's time for Quilly's Three Word Thursday again. The idea is to write a post using the words Quilly gives each week. This week we're working with antediluvian; prolix; & ineluctable


Never in her sublunary existence had she been more nervous. She looked over her shoulder and slowed her pace. She knew she had to rest for a while and catch her breath. She was near exhaustion. She had been walking for hours, her heart was pounding, and her hands trembled.

She had left home, because she was so utterly weary of the antediluvian prolix lectures he had been giving her lately. She had made her decision. She could not endure this any longer.

She had no idea what the next day would hold for her.
All she knew was she wanted to face that ineluctable fate he had predicted in his lectures.
She took a deep breath and opened the door...


Look for more 3WT stories at Quilly's Pacific Paradise.
You can find the word list here.



You might think this is a very very short story, but I had no desire to make this a prolix piece of literature. The reason?
Look...

This is the view from my patio at 10 AM.
Days like these are precious in Belgium.
I'm out of here. I'm taking my camera.

Carpe Diem.

14 comments:

quilly said...

Okay, okay, carpe deim and all that -- just come back here long enough to explain who the HE is. Dad, husband, brother, grandfather, priest, governor, doctor, Santa Claus?

Anonymous said...

Jientje what a wonderful story and I hope a continuing one at that. Santa Claus...only Quilly would think of that. And I can so see why you made this short....what a view from the patio. Excellent use of the words this week as usual :)

Nessa said...

That door is spooky. Good use of the words, if not too brief - very mysterious. I'd hope for poor weather to get more story, but that would be mean.

~gail~mooselovingmamabear said...

Those are interesting words... LOL I'd need a dictionary to find out their meaning... ;-) Great shots BTW...

Lilacspecs said...

Yup! I think we may barbecue tonight!

Gattina said...

She took a deep breath and opened the door and a black dressed man planted a sharp knife in her chest !
The End

What a beautiful view ! I also enjoy so much this nice weather and am photo hunting every day ! It could be a little warmer !

juliana said...

i envy you the weather. grey and wet and dismal here...

great use of words and i love the story (or just a beginning?)

Robynn's Ravings said...

What a GORGEOUS view and outdoor setting you have in which to dine. And I'm dying to know what happens next in the story. Lot's of suspense!

Raven said...

I just adore that first photo. You could write a story just about that photo. Loved your use of the words... and the fact that you left so much to our imaginations.

Hope the gorgeous day has brought you many wonderful photos and a lovely time.

Cherie said...

You wouldn't want it to be too prolix. ;) Besides, your picture had to be worth a 1,000 words, at least. You've built great tension and suspense (and you used last week's words after cutting that story short). I loved it. And what a beautiful day you had there. :)

Dr.John said...

Great use of the words. I enjoyed.
Liked the picture too.

bettygram said...

I feel a story from the picture. I want to know more.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Wow, on a day like that I'd cut the story short too... hmmm, come to think of it, even on a day like we had I cut the story short, lol. Have a great day.

Jientje said...

@ Quilly: I haven't decided yet! ;-)
@ Thom: Santa Claus! Go figure!
@ Nessa: I had a great day, thanks.
@ Gail: No need for a dictionary? Just click the links!
@ Korie: Carpe Diem!
@ Gattina: Ooooh, you're so blood thirsty you!!
And um, no complaining about the weather, we're very lucky, you should know that!
@ Juliana: grey and wet? I know all about that!
@ Robynn's: Suspense, yes, but not a lot of story so far huh? I'm not as good a writer as you are, you know!
@ Raven: that photo is very mysterious and inspiring indeed. I wonder what 'll come next?
@ Cherie: Indeed!
@ Dr John: I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
@ bettygram: Ye, so do I!
@ Alice: It was worth cutting the story short!
Thanks!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive