About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ruby Tuesday An Apple a Day ...



For my father's 77th birthday each of his daughters had agreed to bake some home made pastry. When I asked him what he wanted his request was apple pie. But not just ANY apple pie, it had to be "American" apple pie! This used to be one of our favourite recipes ... thirty years ago ( oh my I'm getting OLD!) but it got forgotten over the years. Baking it again after all this time brought back old memories. And his birthday party was a success.

But before I started baking ... well, you know me, I photograph just about EVERYTHING?
I just HAD to do a photo shoot with my apples!








Find more Ruby Tuesday pictures at Work of the Poet.

27 comments:

Ivon said...

Nice pictures. I find the macros very interesting.

MaR said...

What a tasty Ruby Tuesday!! is any piece left of that birthday apple pie?? happy bday to your father!!
I am back from the snow :) and my Ruby Tuesday is up, happy RT!

floreta said...

these are some of my favorite apples!

quilly said...

How could you murder them and eat them after getting to know them so well?

LOL! Great pics -- and here in America, we prefer Dutch Apple Pie!

Jama said...

Beautiful macros!

Laura said...

Great photos!!

Anonymous said...

Nice shots of the apples Jientje!
I'm sure the apple pie was great and your dad loved it very much :)

Nessa said...

I hope your pie was a great as those photos.

Nicole said...

Can I have a bite?
The first one's my favorite, I think.
Lovely and well done :D!
Happy belated birthday to your Dad :)

Caution/Lisa said...

But where is the finished pie? Did you use a crumb topping? I'm hungry now :)

Maggie's Mind said...

Mmm, apples. I bet that pie was delish. Can you email me a piece? ;)

Gutsy Living said...

My Dad lives in Paris and when he comes over to visit me in California, he always asks for apple pie too. We rarely eat it ourselves. It's delicious but I do miss "La tarte aux pommes," from France. My American husband says that the French tarte doesn't have cinnamon which he misses.

Gattina said...

Looks like the apples I bought on the midi market in Brussels on sunday ! very appetizing and a very good taste !

Robynn's Ravings said...

I've never appreciate the beauty of an apple so fully. Thank you for showing us what the eye can't see. :)

prkl said...

pic in the middle is my fav. great macroworld. happy rt! :)

Anonymous said...

Great RT shots, they look like Galas? Hope the pie was yummy!

Alida said...

Delicious!!! I love the picture of the olives on one of the other posts. I'm just catching up with all your posts. As always they are lovely.

Avril said...

Never thought to look at apples so closely!! Happy Bithday to your Dad!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. I hope he had a great birthday. Wonderful pictures. I love apple pie. mmmmm

Jientje said...

@ Ivon: thanks!
@ Mar: We had four pies and they were almost all finished!
@ floreta: Cox Orange.
@ Quilly: A cold blooded murderer, that's what I am!
@ Jama: I love macro's!
@ Laura: Thanks!
@ napaboanya: it was, yes!
@ Nessa: It was delicious!
@ Nicole: That's sweet of you!
@ Caution flag: No crumble topping, no.
@ Maggie's Mind: That would be great huh?
@ Gutsywriter: Dutch applepie has cinnamon, but the French Tarte Tatin doesn't.
@ Gattina: They were Cox Orange from New Zealand! I bought them at the weekly market!
@ Robynn: the power of macro!
@ prkl: happy RT to you too!
@ Amanda; they were Cox Orange.
@ Alida: Thank you so much my friend!
@ Avril: I'll tell him!
@ Thom: thanks Thom, I'll tell him! You do love sweet things, don't you?

Libby's Library said...

I'm always amazed at your Macro shots. I just can't seem to get the hang of it...come teach me!!!

Becky said...

My mouth is watering for a slice of apple pie , right out of the oven with a slice sharp cheddar cheese to go with it. I do not like Dutch Apple Pie! Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Christine said...

Oh yes! Deep dish American Apple Pie, warm out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! Yum!

frogpondsrock said...

Hi jientje, lovely looking apples. I have tagged you for a meme..

maryt/theteach said...

jientje, my mother-in-law used to make delicious apple pie! Great photos! Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

maryt/theteach said...

Oh I meant to compliment you on your fantastic purple pansies!

Anonymous said...

Delicious-looking apples! Great shot for Ruby Tuesday.

Paz

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive