Friday again, time to share some of my favorite moments from the week that has passed. It’s been a beautiful week, there were many things that made me smile …
1. Sunlight and beautiful weather. If there is one thing that makes people happy all over the world it’s sunshine and Spring weather after a long and cold Winter. Right here in Belgium they promised Mediterranean weather on Wednesday and Thursday and they were right! I swung open doors and windows and had my lunch outside on my patio yesterday. Hearing the birds sing, and seeing the first honey bees visit the blooming Spring flowers really made my heart sing!
2. I was out and about with my camera again this week. On Sunday I had a date with my husband. We went to a garden fair where people exchanged plants. The fair was held in a castle and the rooms on the first floor were open to visitors. Photo opportunities galore! After that we went to my grandmother’s village and shot some more pictures there. I can never get enough of the peaceful scenery there.
3. The Snowdrops my husband got me at the fair. They look so cheerful and Springy next to the blooming Daffodils, Primulas and Violets. Speaking of Violets, I have some in a pot I bought in Fall. They made it through the cold Winter and are now really starting to grow lots of flowers again. I love how the flowers look like little smiling faces to me, and they make me smile right back!
4. Wednesday was St.- Patrick’s day, and I wanted to try and find some Irish spirit and capture it with my camera. Unfortunately, all I saw was a couple of groups of students trying to get drunk in one of the very few (only seven!) Irish pubs we have in Antwerp. I had no desire to join them so I continued my walk and tried to find other photo opportunities. And I did. In case you’re wondering about the cruise ship in my collage, no I did not go on a cruise. There was a huge ship in the docks, another great photo opportunity!
5. Later that same day I discovered the chocolate shop I posted about yesterday. And although I’m trying to loose some weight, eating lots of fruits and veggies and chicken soup, I just could not resist buying some chocolate. The tiniest amount, I bought three little Easter eggs because … well, they looked SO pretty. They’re going to be part of my Easter decoration for a while longer before I eat them.
So there … the little things that made me smile this week. So … how was your week? Tell us about it and join Friday’s Fave Five if you want. You’ll find lots of other posts at Susanne’s Living to Tell the Story.