Each week, when I want to write my Fave Five I browse through the pictures I made.
Each week I’m amazed as to how quickly time has fled, and how many beautiful moments - great and small – have made my week a happy one.
1. I took so many pictures of him, I really have to include him in my Fave Five. We were on our way to the weekly market, - one block away - when I heard him play. I have seen him play before, this guy and his piano really rock the town! He plays real swinging music like Chantilly Lace, Lucille, and Great Balls of Fire just to name a few. Do you get the picture? Note to self: next time I should make a video, ROFL!
If you ever visit Antwerp, I hope he’s there, because he’s really THAT good!
2. Tuesday was a bright and sunny day, with temperatures well in the fifties. Something I had been waiting for for weeks, because I had been looking for a chance to clean up my patio for weeks now. I removed the dead plants, rearranged the pots, and planted my Primulas to add a little splash of color. It has cooled off a little since then - we even had five snowflakes falling down this morning - but it’s real great to finally see what Spring looks like when I look outside now! I wrote a post about it here in case you want to see more pictures.
3. My new pasta machine. I am the proud owner of this new kitchen toy! Homemade fresh pasta tastes heavenly! I tried a vegetarian recipe of ravioli with aubergines, ricotta and fresh tomato sauce. Elaborate but oh SO worth it!
4. Healthier food. From now on I want to eat healthier and lighter. I’m looking forward to add more fruit and vegetables to my daily menu. From now on I want to eat a little salad for lunch instead of comfort food with creamy sauces. I had a great sandwich yesterday, homemade rye bread with Parma ham garnished with red onions and lettuce.
5. The new season of the Belgian edition of “My restaurant” has begun, and I’m loving it! The new candidates have been introduced this week and I’m very curious to find out what they’ll make of this challenge to “win” their own restaurant.