About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, August 2, 2010

Macro Monday, The Bee’s Knees

mm

Macro Monday is easy to play, snap a macro (or any close-up) photo, and post it on your blog. Join the fun at Lisa’s Chaos.

IMG_1885bc

How doth the little busy bee
Improve each shining hour,
And gather honey all the day
From every opening flower!

~ Isaac Watts ~ "Divine Songs"

19 comments:

Kim (frogpondsrock) said...

Oh Jientje that is a great photo, I love the dots of pollen everywhere. She was a very hungy bee :)

Wanda..... said...

That little Bee is sure spreading the pollen!

Nana said...

He's hungry!

Janis said...

Nature at its best...Great shot!

Skoots1moM said...

a busy bee, for sure...great shot!

Cecilia Artista said...

Busy, busy. Wonderful picture of the flower and the bee!

Avril said...

Pollen scattered everywhere - busy indeed !!! Loved your countryside photos from your bike ride - oh you have such a beautiful countryside too !
I see you are on blogspot still .. is that why you changed your name by adding the 'is' in the title. I have changed to a different blogger/domain or whatever you call it, as I ran out of photo space - maybe I should have done what you had did and just changed my title as I was so used to the 'blogspot' setup. I am now fumbling my way through the new one -Wordpress !!!

Avril said...

Ooops - bad typo there "maybe I should have done what you did ..."

Bientje said...

Lovely picture!
So cute with all the pollen all over!
Big hug,

Your little sister

Gattina said...

Lol, you too have the traditional flower with the bee (or insect) ! beautiful !

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Oh he is making such a mess - lovely macro - but I especially love your quote from Issac Watts.

Maaike said...

wat een prachtige foto
en een echte bezige bij
prachtig!

Loree said...

Awesome macro. Wow, you can even see the pollen.

Pat said...

Wow - he really IS a busy bee! Look at all that pollen! What a great shot!

Heidi said...

I came thinking I would be looking at a bee's knees, but I think I'm more focused here on the bee's be...hind. heehee

Unknown said...

Wonderful shot - all the pollen all over the bee - which makes me feel sad for flowers. After all, what you see there is how flowers have sex - and that's pathetic. I like the human way much better.

Kala said...

Lovely composition and details!

spacedlaw said...

You can see the pollen bags on her legs!

Carletta said...

Look at those little specks of pollen!
Great detail Jientje!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive