- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, July 22, 2011
Friday's Fave Five, Good Food, and a Good Book
Friday again, time to reflect on the week that has passed and post about five favorite things from your week. Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, if you're looking for the rules, they're here.
1. Cooking with my friend Annie. Annie and I spent all Saturday afternoon cooking up some nice and challenging recipes and then later that day our husbands joined us so we could all enjoy a lovely dinner.
2. Reading a good book with the cat on my lap. Lately I've read a Dog's Life and Hotel Pastis by Peter Mayle and the Gypsy Madonna by Santa Montefiori, which I devoured in only one day!
3. The new cups and bowls I bought. I love the the gingham and dotted patterns and the cheerful pinks and greens to match the color scheme I used for my patio.
4. New doormats for my patio, they look very ... welcoming!
5. My husband painting the ceiling of my patio. I love how neat it now looks!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- Weekly Winners, Textures and Reflections
- Friday's Favorite Five, Sunshine and Rain
- Street views in Provence, Bonnieux (2)
- Midweek Blues, The Scent of Lavender
- Weekly Winners, Gourmet Dinner
- Friday's Fave Five, Good Food, and a Good Book
- Street views in Provence, Number Thirteen
- Midweek Blues, Lavender Fields
- Ruby Tusday, Strawberries from Carpentras
- Scampi Diavolo Fuoco AKA Devil's Fire Shrimps
- Weekly Winners, Pastis and Flowers ...
- Friday's Favorite Five, It's Good to be Back!
- Street views in Provence, Bonnieux
- Midweek Blues, Shopping at the Farmer's Market
- Ruby Tuesday, from Provence with love ...
- Weekly Winners, I'm baaaaaaaaack!!!!!
- ▼ July (16)
- ► 2010 (198)