About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five, homeliness and coziness

 

FFF fall background

Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts this meme called Fave Five where one can reflect on the week and share some of the highlights from it. 

fave five

So here we go …

1. That lovely pink sunrise I saw yesterday. The minute I saw this gorgeous pink and purple glow I got my camera out and shot a few pictures. From where I am I cannot see the actual sun, but I did enjoy all the beautiful colors in the early morning sky.
It really made my day!

2. We went out and had a lovely walk in a beautiful park near Antwerp on Sunday.
I took my Big Guy ( my Canon 40D ) along and really enjoyed all the wonderful colors and photo opportunities fall had to offer! After the walk we had some warm apple pie and I sipped my first hot wine of the season.

3. When I got home I made some fresh onion soup with lots and lots of cheese on top! We drew the curtains, made a nice fire in the fireplace and lit some candles.
Life is so good!

4. I’ve been looking for it ever since an American friend of mine told me about it and it’s been over a year ago now! Wrigley’s 5 chewing gum is finally available in Belgium. It’s the only chewing gum that does not loose it’s flavor after two minutes.
She was right, I like it a lot!

5. The gourmet meal me and my friend Annie cooked on Saturday. The picture in the bottom right was our main course, venison with endive mash and a little salad with red beets and apple. The meat was cooked just right and we made a lovely sauce to go with it, it was heavenly! 

 

As you can see, I had a lovely week, how was yours?

15 comments:

Bientje said...

Life can be good, this week certainly sounds good!
Big hug,
Your little sister

aspiritofsimplicity said...

From the windows in my family room I can see the colors of the sunset but not the actual sun. It always looks so pretty, especially at this time of year.

Islandsparrow said...

I run for the camera when I see the sunrise and sunset too - especially these last few weeks when we've had so much rain. It's such a lift to the spirits to see it break through the clouds!

Drawing the curtains, fire crackling and warm apple pie - lovely!!

Happy weekend Jientje!

Gattina said...

This is really strange ! I had the same purple sky early morning here in Waterloo too and I took pictures because it looked so strange ! and our open fire is working too !
Geez I miss the sun of Egypt !

Jerralea said...

So I see that I am not the only one who made soup this week. Making your house cozy and warm with candlelight is definitely always a favorite of mine!

Love your picture of the sunrise!

Have a great week!

Sarah said...

What beautiful photos! The weather in Dallas, TX is not yet cold enough for a fireside dinner, but I did make some soup this week. Hopefully, I can encourage it to go ahead an get cold! Thanks for sharing your week!

Loree said...

Jientje, have I been missing your posts? It seems like I have not visited for a while. Looks like you had a lovely week.

Wanda..... said...

We've had some pink in our sky too, Jientje...though no cozy fires yet!

Willow said...

I miss my fireplace! I just want to snuggle right up to yours. Isn't it fun to take a photo walk? Lovely pictures!

ellen b said...

Love your walks, love your food, love your photography! Have a great weekend Jientje!!

Brenda said...

Onion soup with lots of cheese on top sounds wonderful to me! I always love reading about what you have cooked on your blog.

Susanne said...

I want to curl up by your fireplace with a nice big bowl of that onion soup. Looks so cozy.

Rob Siemann said...

Heaven is... in your photos.

Karen said...

This is a great list. I've been enjoying the outdoors this fall, and especially the past week as we've had our first really cold weather. The soup sounds fabulous.

Barbara H. said...

That sunrise is just gorgeous! What an inspirational start to the day! The food looks really good, and that scene at the top left is so pretty.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed