About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekly Winners Fun in the Kitchen


Like I said before, I take pictures of anything and it all started out with Weekly Winners!
I think the real winners this week were already published on Thursday, you can find them here if you're interested.

This is my selection for this week. And in case you're hungry, don't worry, it's all healthy and home made. Enjoy!











Look for more Weekly Winners participants and their favourite pictures here.

23 comments:

quilly said...

Now I am hungry! OC and I are having our nightly ice cream yet I am wishing for fresh bread and steamed asparagus!

david mcmahon said...

Wonderful photographs here and right through your blog. I am a friend of Quilly's and followed your link from her blog.

I spent time in Belgium and really enjoyed my summertime visit there.

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Your photography is amazing and I would lov to sit down at your table. The food looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

I love these. I keep trying to get shots of food, and they never turn out this good.

tiarastantrums said...

oh I just want to know what the end results of all those delicious shots were!

Gattina said...

By your fault I want to eat asparagus now !
Strawberries I bought this morning on the midi market in Brussels. 3 kg for 7 € ! and soooooo good !
Your photos are absolutely beautiful !

Ladynred said...

delicious food. Makes me hungry and these are beautiful shots!

Nik said...

As if I wasn't hungry enough... those apples... so delicious. Great work!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great food shots. I love the peeled apples.

Avril said...

Mouthwateringly gooood !!

Smoochiefrog said...

Great, now I'm starving! :)

Jeanette said...

wow, what fabulous photos! Love the clarity of your macros!

Melli said...

We just had asparagus LAST night! Mine didn't look like that though.... it was GREEN! I love both! It's my favoritest vegetable! Did you steam it? Roast it? Grill it? (I KNOW you didn't BOIL it!) LOL! It all certainly looks YUMMY!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Oh I ♥ the first picture of the apples.

Lovely!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh what great food shots! I love the springform pan photo the best.

Jientje said...

@ Quilly: midnight ice cream sounds yummy!
@ david mcmahon: welcome and nice to meet you!
@ tiff: I wish I had a fraction of your talent!
@ Tara: You do great!
@ Gattina: That's very cheap!
@ Ladyinred: thanks!
@ Nik: you're great yourself!
@ Secret Mom thoughts: thanks.
@ Avril: it was SO good!!
@ Smoochiefrog: sorry?
@ Melli: Not boiled, oh no!!
@ Jeanette: Coming from you that's a great compliment!
@ Colleen: thanks!
@ hip chick: I like that one too.

Becky said...

What do you charge for delivery?? Sure looks yummy!Does white asparagus taste like the green? I love asparagus!!

Christine said...

Delish! Now I have the munchies.

Robynn's Ravings said...

I'm never coming here again when I'm hungry! lol You're torturing me! Looks FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

You should be published I'm telling you. This is awesome :)

Robin said...

Yum!! Beautiful photos of beautiful food.

Note to self: buy more asparagus!

Nessa said...

Very interesting shots.

Unknown said...

Well it all certainly looks yummy!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive