About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekly Winners, Nothing Much ...



It's all Lotus' fault.
I'm addicted to my camera .
Yes, Melli, I take pictures of ANYTHING!
All I really want is to have a Weekly Winners at the end of the week?

Take this week, for instance.
It was just an ordinary week. We did not go out. No sightseeing. Nothing.
And because of that I thought I would not have anything worth sharing this week.
I really thought I had not taken many this week?



Okay. So I took pictures of the food I prepared?



And you're right.
It's usually not just one.
I ended up making a series of these.



Strawberries ...



... and Easter chocolates.
One really NEEDS to commemorate these too, right?



Another series, trying different settings, different angles ...



And when I get bored of food, I take it outside.
I remembered Avril asking what happens to the pussy Willows after the blooms.
So here's your answer Avril!



The Magnolia blooms in the street where I live.



I try to get into the heart of things ...



Looking for bokeh.



Trying to find a theme for my new header.



More bokeh ...



And when I get tired of flowers I can still find something else to play with.
You wait till I publish this series!! Ewww!!!
* Insert wicked smile*



Another little cutie I met along the way.



Okay, okay, I hear you.
The Magnolia blooms have opened.
Can't miss those, can I?
So what if I take my camera with me while I'm running errands?



Bought myself some tulips in that new flower shop around the corner.



And then I just HAD to take pictures of those as well.


I'm terrible. Right?



Find more Weekly Winners at Lotus' place.

27 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

Are you going to stay long enough to teach me how to cook like that?

And you are much more addicted to your camera than I am mine -- but with results like this, I can see why. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and your comments so fit them all. Don't tell me you make meals that look that good everytime you eat? Talk about fine dining. Excellent pictures. Ya, maybe you can teach Quilly a thing or two about a camera...ROFLMAO These are all weekly winners.

Robin said...

Mmm... Delights for both the palate and the eye here. I adore scallops. And for that matter chocolates. And tulips. And that great bokeh that you got on the snail shot.

All in all I'd say you've had a wonderful week Jientje.

Tara R. said...

Wonderful pictures. All the flower shots are gorgeous.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Love the new header and all the flower shots. Yum for the food too.

Jientje said...

@ Quilly: We're gonna be busy, very busy. If we don't get lost in elevators that is! But I'm sure we could snap pictures in there too, don't you think?
@ Thom: I like my food to look good on the plate. Another addiction. I know, terrible huh?
@ Robin: It was a great week!I love scallops too. And chocolate, and tulips! Hell, I even love snails!
@ Tara: I had fun. Can't wait to see yours!
@ Secret Mom Thoughts: Still thinking about that header though. It may become a monthly thing or so?

Danifred said...

Fabulous! I think the last one is my favorite this week!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Wonderful photos! The scallops look so delicious! I love all the flowers and the snail.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Mmmmmmm. The scallops look just like the ones Grizzly barbeques. Made me so hungry just looking at them.

And ALL the photos are great but I love the bouquet of tulips with the Flowershop sign in reverse. Just LOVED that.

Gattina said...

Beautiful pictures, bravo ! you are getting better and better !
I have pictures from Diane on the Waterloo Lion !

Maggie's Mind said...

All beautiful, but that first picture is just scrumptious and so beautifully plated. I cook, but you cook fancy. What time is dinner? ;)

Nessa said...

Amazing shots. I want the food on the first dish.

SECRET AGENT MAMA said...

Do you know how much I love this series. Best series EVER! <3 to you, my friend.

Smoochiefrog said...

Cool! I love magnolias!

Christina | AmiExpat said...

Love the photos and commentary. The food looks so good. Cote D'Or is my favorite chocolate, that photo reminds me that I need to go buy some more! I really like the snail too. :)

photomommy said...

Fabulous! Food looks yummy and the flowers look gorgeous.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Beautiful pictures! I love them so large!

Willow said...

Terribly good with the macro lens! What a fun week of photos.

Kim said...

WOW.. those scallops look amazing..what a beautiful set of pictures.. (I will admit the spider creeped me out..hahah)

Leora said...

You never fail to delight. Love the teacup near the tulips. The johhnny-jump-up aka viola is great. The spider rocks. The food is mouthwatering. Delightful!

Lis @ ATruckerWife said...

Oh goodness, I'm now hungry!!

Melli said...

I want thos scallops! AND your camera! Mine broke. Is broken. Won't work. AT ALL. Grrrrr...

katef - www.picklebums.com said...

oh my, just gorgeous.. you had me drooling and smiling the way through.. especially the snail!

Jientje said...

@ Danifred: thanks, I love that one too.
@ Comfymom: The scallops were delicious, that's true!
@ Robynn: Sorry I made you hungry?
@ Gattina: practise is the secret.
@ Maggie: You're welcome any time!
@ Nessa: I'll tell the others to move over a little, and make an extra plate for you, okay?
@ Mishelle: thanks for the compliment. I <3 you too!
@ Smoochiefrog: Magnolias are wonderful, but the blooms wither so very fast.
@ Christina: Cote d'Or is great chocolate. And I love DARK chocolate, yum!
@ Photomommy: Thanks!
@ Hip Chick: best decision ever, changing that template!
@ Willow: I love macro, I can never get enough of it!
@ Kim: It was such a teeny weeny baby spider?
@ Leora: the teacups were a special gift, years ago. They're precious to me.
@ Lisa: Join the crowd!
@ Melli: How did you break it? Did you use it to photograph a certain vampire?
@ katef: thanks.

Becky said...

I thought I commented on this post but it must not have taken. It was some good stuff too!! I don't like sacllops but NOW those look like I could sink my teeth into! Super photos as usual, the snail is so cute!

Brenda said...

Those food pictures are absolutely amazing!! Makes me want to eat that now!

Unknown said...

Of course I love the spider but I LOVE those tulips! The color is even perfect!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive