Another week has passed, it’s August 28th already!! Exactly two months from today I will be on a airplane leaving for my trip to the States!! Counting the days …
Okay, for now, I’m still here and it’s the time of the week for another Fave Five to look back and share some of the highlights of the past days. Although temperatures have dropped slightly, we simply cannot complain about our Belgian Summer this year! We’ve had a lot of sunshine and were able to spend a fair amount of time outside on the patio.
1. Last Friday and Saturday we spent two days visiting garden furniture shops. After twelve years outside in all kinds of weather, two of our big chairs collapsed in two weeks time, so we decided it was time look for something new. Maybe get a good deal because Summer sales are still on? We did, we found a lovely set we both like very much, 25% cheaper than we would have paid at the beginning of the season. Not bad eh? Not bad at all! They promised a quick delivery before the end of the week, but I did not really count on it. More on that later.
2. Anticipating the arrival of the new set, I spent Sunday cleaning up on my patio. There is a little gutter to drain the water from it, and it was littered with all kinds of dirt going from empty plastic pots and dry leaves even broken glass, you name it! Clearing it involved getting flat on my belly to scoop everything out, but I am so happy with how it looks now I could not resist taking a picture! Ummmm, no “before” pictures, uh-uh! After that I tackled the little storage space in the corner, also a “home” for a lot of goods that should really be stored elsewhere or thrown away. It’s a good thing I’m not suffering from arachnophobia, because it turned out there were quite a few eight legged creatures living there as well! Ewww! Well anyway, it’s nice and clean now!!
3. On Monday, I did my ironing on the patio. I love doing that outside in the sun, looking at the sparrows and the other birds visiting the feeder, and enjoying the colorful plants and the view. Look at that Fuchsia I got from my dad a few weeks ago, it has dozens of flowers now!
4. We had a visit from my daughter on Wednesday evening. It was still warm enough to have our aperitif outside before going in for our meal. She brought a bottle of wine for my husband but look at what she brought me!! She had bought this beautiful blue and yellow plate in Portugal while she was on holiday there, isn’t it gorgeous? I’m so in love with it, such bright and sunny colors, it’s BEAUTIFUL!! I’m going to love using it!!! I had a little surprise stashed away for her too, look how pleased she was!! And you know what the greatest gift of all was to me?
Her smile. Look at her!!! We had a great evening together. Thank you sweetheart!
5. While I was writing this post, the delivery van with the new furniture arrived! WOOT!! I grabbed my camera to make a few action shots. So here it is!!! An absolute scoop! My husband has not even seen this yet!! The new garden set !!!
I LOVE the reflecting table top, especially on a white-clouded-blue-sky-day like today!!
Look at the reflection of the neighbor's wind mill, it looks great doesn’t it?
Another fabulous week!
Find more Fave Five posts at Susanne’s Living to Tell the Story.