All I need to do when I want to write a Fave Five post, is to look at the pictures I took the previous week. They’re my silent witnesses of yet another fabulous week. There were so many beautiful things this past week I don’t know where to start!
1. Friday evening I was making dessert for our Mother’s day dinner when I noticed I was out of gelatin. I phoned my husband asking him to get me some at the local supermarket when he drove home from work.
It came attached to a beautiful flower arrangement.
His mother’s day surprise for me. Cute eh?
2. My parents were staying here for the weekend, and I so enjoyed giving them my best. We had a little Mother’s day dinner on Saturday afternoon on the patio in the sun. And then later in the afternoon we showed them Antwerp harbor, we had a lovely photo walk and got a gorgeous sunset thrown in as a bonus! The next day I made brunch and we sat outside and just enjoyed each other’s company. The weekend was over much too soon.
3. Monday was intense. A new angel has gone to heaven, she was a friend of ours for many years. We paid our last respects at her funeral and then took the rest of the day off together. We went for lunch (which was delicious, and we even got offered a free coffee after the meal) and went looking for photo opportunities. The rest of the afternoon was not very inspiring, photo wise, so we decided to have a drink and then go home. When we headed to the car, we saw two 4x4 vehicles arrive on the field across the parking lot. It turned out they were going to launch two hot air balloons!! WOOT!! Photo opportunities galore, and I was the girl with the camera operating from the first row!!
4. The rest of the week was bright sunny .. blue skies … ALL WEEK!!! I almost forgot I live in Belgium. Breakfast outside, lunch under the parasol, ... doors and windows open wide from early in the morning till late at night. Watering plants, working on my lace, to be OUTSIDE … All DAY!!!! I even got treated to a free concert. I think they were rehearsing, but they were GOOD! ( There is another concert going on as I’m writing this – Thursday evening) If I had not known any better I would have sworn Mark Knopfler was in town! ROFL!! Summer at it’s best!
5. Yesterday was another perfect day! The hottest day of the year, but you won’t hear me complain! I had a pedicure appointment at 4PM and I decided to walk. A nice walk along the canal. I took my camera. Of course.
Some really great summery shots, the boats, the wild flowers, ducks, people laying in the sun, people swimming in the canal, again … Summer at it’s best! When I walked back afterwards there were signs of a thunderstorm approaching. But even the thunderstorm was beautiful.
This is what I wrote listening to it fading away…
Don't you love the sounds after a thunderstorm?
Distant rumble, silencing.
The last drops falling down with that little tick ... tick ... tick.
The gentle trickling sound inside the rain pipes.
The little breeze. The fresh air.
The calm ...
The silence of nature holding her breath.
Children's voices, laughter...
And then … the sparrows
fighting over their food again.
Find more Friday’s Fave Five posts at Susanne’s Living to tell the Story .
UPDATE: !! I was made Post of The Day by David McMahon with this post! WOOT!
Now this is really the cherry on the pie ...
THANK YOU David!!! You made my day!