About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekly Winners, Sense and Nonsense about Halloween

logo wwfinal

Some random pictures I took two days ago.
Again straight from the camera, they have not been edited in any way.

Halloween, seen through my eyes.


Witches, and funny things happening behind your back ...
Or maybe things you cannot explain.


Learning, exploring ...
Trying to figure it out.

Fossils and all things buried ...

Light bulb moments?

The old man and the sea ...


Down down, deeper and down ...



No comment!



More Weekly Winners at Sarcatic Mom's

22 comments:

Melli said...

WELL DONE my dear! I absolutely LOVE that spider skeleton!

Betty W said...

I love the seagull flying with the bridge! Awesome picture!!

Gattina said...

This skeleton is "beautiful" if I may say so, lol ! We had a great Halloween in Waterloo too. Big party in the city parc and lots of kids in the evening going from house to house. It's the first time I saw so many. It moves in here too, lol !

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos :) I love Halloween through your eyes :)

Avril said...

Seeing what you're seeing ... love it!!! Your photo in the shop in a previous post ... I did the same thing in Ireland ... in some shops I asked if I could take photos as I noticed security cameras and other times I had my little camera tucked against my body and snapped away !!!! I was a tourist after all !!

James said...

Bravo! I really enjoy seeing your pictures.

Heather said...

nice shots!

Tara R. said...

The dino bones look awesome!

moneythoughts said...

Nice photos. Everyone is enjoying seeing things through your eyes, including me.

Wanda..... said...

I like the two cute friendly witches Jientje!

quilly said...

Beautiful shots -- and so many mixed impressions! Is it all jumbling together?

Amy said...

Really nice series! Very fun!

kanishk said...

I love the seagull flying with the bridge! Awesome picture!! Work From Home

Becky said...

I'm so happy that you are really enjoying your trip to the States! Looks like you are having a blast with your friends and the camera! I love those little witches too!

Christine said...

You should see Halloween around here. It has just about got to be as commercialized as Christmas. People decorate their houses!!! Back when I was a kid you might see the odd carved pumpkin and all the children had to put together their own costumes. Most kids have some very fancy costumes these days.

Loree said...

The picture of the seagull is awsome. I love it!!

Nessa said...

You've seen a great variety of things so far.

Book Review #5 - Merle's Door

The Retired One said...

Great shots!! Loved the Halloween mood you created with these!!

Islandsparrow said...

I love the shot of the little boy gazing at the huge skeleton - a great angle!

Unknown said...

I am loving looking through your eyes!

Gattina said...

Too bad that your baby computer gave up its soul ! I hope you weren't worried too much that you missed your airplane, or whatever happened.I saw you "en pleine forme" on Terri's blog !

Anonymous said...

I can see you are really having a good time over there... Take good care of my mum guys!!!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed