It’s Friday again. Good Friday. Time to share some of the favorite things from the past week. It’s been a pretty uneventful week around here, not much has happened, but I always find it amazing how many little things lift your spirit and make your day!
1. The weather has not been very cooperative this last week. It’s been cold and windy, with some spells of rain. Luckily enough, we also got some sun. And it looks like the sun has made my herb garden grow. The little sprouts in my pots tell me I’m going to be able to use some of it in my dishes real soon. That’s something I always look forward to, Summer cuisine with fresh herbs from my garden!
2. I made oatmeal pancakes for breakfast last Sunday. They were delicious!
3. I finally found that birdfeeder I have been looking for for months! The birds had wrecked my old one and it was hard to find a similar one. But sometimes you find what you’ve been looking for when and where you least expect it to! I call that a little gift from Heaven!
4. Loads and loads of colorful veggies for lunch and supper. We’re both trying to loose some weight and a colorful salad at the beginning of a meal keeps the hunger down. Good looking food is very important to me, that’s why I love to play with all the different colors and textures.
5. Noir Orange chocolate as a little treat with my coffee. Dark chocolate with that intense orange flavor. Mmmm.