About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Midweek Blues, Collector’s Item

 

mwb 1575

 

For this week’s Midweek Blues I’m sharing this terrine, which is the latest addition to my collection of old kitchen ware. I was able to buy this at a good price (I got a three Euro discount) at the garden fair we visited last Sunday. 

IMG_1199

IMG_1193

  IMG_1190

 IMG_1194

 

IMG_1205 

Midweek Blues is hosted by Rebecca at the Dusty Cellar.

13 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Glad you got it, Jientje...this lovely terrine deserved a good home!

Unknown said...

Excellent craftsmanship. In the piece. In its depiction.

moneythoughts said...

Very nice. As I have said before, I love to look at glazed ceramic pieces. You will have to show us pictures when you use it too.

The French Bear said...

I don't think I have ever seen anything like that, that is so unusual and different, wonderful!!! Great photos of it too!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Eve said...

What an interesting piece. Lucky you finding it for such a good price!

James said...

It's a beautiful cooking dish and I think it will last a very long time.

Unknown said...

I am sure you won't find another one like it! It is very unique! What a terrific find! I would love to see your kitchen, I bet it just screams "treasures"! hugs and smiles across the miles!

A Lady's Life said...

I love pieces such as this.
I would have a kitchen full and never use it. lol

Suburban Girl said...

I haven't seen anything like it either. Very interesting piece. Glad you found it!

Dianne said...

it is definitely a treasure

Rob Siemann said...

I would love a terrine like this!

Loree said...

I love old pieces and this one looks very nice.

Pat said...

That is gorgeous and a beautiful piece to add to your collection. I've never seen anything like it!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive