- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, July 15, 2011
Friday's Favorite Five, It's Good to be Back!
Friday again, time to reflect on the week that has passed and post about five favorite things from your week. Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, if you're looking for the rules, they're here.
Now, all I need to do is look at the pictures I've taken throughout the week to discover my favorite five things, so here we go!
1. We got back from France almost two weeks ago now, and I needed some time to get the laundry and some household chores done. We had a wonderful time in France and I came back well rested and full of energy.
I get up two hours earlier than I used to, just to be able to get some extra blogging time. I love the early hours when the house is quiet and my head is clear! The weather was lousy last Sunday so I took the time to post some pictures of my holiday in France. I was stunned and overwhelmed by all the lovely comments from all of you welcoming me back, telling me you missed me. I really had no idea how much this blog means to all of you and I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your friendship and kind words. I promise I will continue to make time and try to be a better blogger in the future!
2. While we were away, we had the plumber over to do some work on my patio. Now that that's over and done with, I could finally rearrange the flower pots and decorate my patio again.
3. We bought some new hanging baskets and flowering plants
4. and two lovely coral red bistro chairs to go with the small table on my patio.
5. I had a lovely day out with my friend Nana last week. It was her birthday three weeks earlier and she bought me lunch. We had a lovely time catching up on the latest things in our lives. After lunch we made a little photo walk and photographed wild flowers. A day out with her is always such a treat, I'm already looking forward to the next time we meet!
6. Speaking of treats, I made Devil's Fire Shrimp ( Scampi Diavolo Fuoco in Italian, doesn't it sound better in Italian?) and my husband licked his plate with his fingers. Need I say more?
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- Weekly Winners, Textures and Reflections
- Friday's Favorite Five, Sunshine and Rain
- Street views in Provence, Bonnieux (2)
- Midweek Blues, The Scent of Lavender
- Weekly Winners, Gourmet Dinner
- Friday's Fave Five, Good Food, and a Good Book
- Street views in Provence, Number Thirteen
- Midweek Blues, Lavender Fields
- Ruby Tusday, Strawberries from Carpentras
- Scampi Diavolo Fuoco AKA Devil's Fire Shrimps
- Weekly Winners, Pastis and Flowers ...
- Friday's Favorite Five, It's Good to be Back!
- Street views in Provence, Bonnieux
- Midweek Blues, Shopping at the Farmer's Market
- Ruby Tuesday, from Provence with love ...
- Weekly Winners, I'm baaaaaaaaack!!!!!
- ▼ July (16)
- ► 2010 (198)