- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Weekly Winners, the Chateau
Weekly Winners is hosted by Lotus, AKA Sarcastic Mom at I am Lotus.
It's easy, grab your camera, post some of your favorite photos of the week that has past and join the fun!
My favorite photos this week are from the Chateau Marnix de Sainte Aldegonde in Bornem.
It looks like a castle from a fairy tale, and is completely furnished and decorated inside, as the owners still live in it. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take photos inside, but the beautiful views of the castle and the river Schelde where it is situated made me glad I did bring my camera!
This is the view from the backside of the castle.
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- Midweek Blues, One More
- Macro Monday, Castle in the Background
- Weekly Winners, the Chateau
- Friday's Fave Five, Visiting a Chateau
- Street Views in Provence, Le Barroux, the Castle
- Midweek Blues, Music Maestro Please!
- Ruby Tuesday, at the Medieval Festival
- Weekly Winners, at the Medieval Festival
- Friday's Fave Five, Knights in Shining Armor
- Street Views in Provence, Le Barroux
- Friday's Fave Five, Fresh Herbs and Clean Floors
- Street views in Provence, Bonnieux (3)
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2010 (198)