About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thematic Photography: Feet

 

I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes.
Oprah Winfrey 

 

 

IMG_0816

 

This week’s theme for Thematic Photography is “ Feet”.
I was at the shopping mall yesterday when I came across this shoe display.
It was late in the afternoon, and the shoes were no longer perfectly displayed, they had this little air of nonchalance, which was exactly what appealed to me.
I quickly snapped a picture, kind of like with the same air of nonchalance because 
I can be rather shy when it comes to taking pictures in shops sometimes, not that they’ll get me arrested for it ( I hope) …  but still …
So when I got home and looked at my pictures, this one came out as one of the best pictures of the day. It’s (almost) straight out of the camera, a natural very nearly black and white, no cropping or effects involved, except for the shadowed corners.


Find more Thematic Photography here.

14 comments:

Wanda..... said...

They do look a little disheveled...I thought: They have tags...are they new? Then I noticed the twisted laces...so much thought, Jientje, I put into these shoes!

moneythoughts said...

Nice shot. A collection of personalities.

Unknown said...

High tops!!! How cool. Great shot, too.

Glennis said...

Great shot, good "feet" theme! I get nervous snapping photos in shops, too.

Kathy said...

Glad your nerve held up Jientje, Love this photo, to me they look like they are tapping their toes, (to Donald where's yer troosers perhaps), lol. Kathy.

Jientje said...

@ Wanda: They're new - vintage look - which makes them even cooler! ( and more costly!)
Moneythoughts : Although their personalties still need to grow on them, whomever buys them will give them their real cool look!
@ LceeL : I thought they were called sneakers?
I like hight tops, I'll try and remember that!
@ g : Thanks! Great shot, good "feet" theme!
@ Kathy : Gee, thanks for the reminder! ROFL!!

James said...

This really is a great shot!

The Retired One said...

Loved this one! Don't you love that when that happens?
Please stop by my blog today.
I have something for you that might interest you.


And, if any other of your readers love photography, they might want to stop by too, at:
http://myretirementchronicles.blogspot.com

Thanks, Jientje and happy New Years!

kayerj said...

I love it and the quote

Suburban Girl said...

Yes, that shot is a winner! It is awesome. The quote fits perfectly.

PS: I LOVE the term Ice Flowers, whether it is the right term or not, I am going to adopt it! Thanks for sharing it.

maryt/theteach said...

I love these sneakers, old, beat-up and falling apart - just the right style to wear! Happy New Year to you, Jientje!

Dr.John said...

Great picture. My problem with taking pictures in shops is usually that people are too helpful.

Jientje said...

@ James: Thank you, I'm quite happy with it myself!
@ The Retired One :Count me in! I'll make sure I blog about it. Happy New Year to you too!
@ kaye : Thank you!
@ Rebecca :Ice Flowers it is then!
@ maryt/theteach: We call them vintage look, they look old but they're actually brand new! Happy New Year Mary!
@ Dr.John : Too helpful? That can be annoying too!

Suki said...

Hehe and I thought I was the only shy blogger to take photos outside!!! I haven't yet ventured taking photos in shops..but we'll see..!

Happy New Year Jientje to you and your family!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive