- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, January 6, 2012
Friday's Fave Five, First signs of Spring and a Family Party
It's a new Friday, the first Friday of 2012, and it's time to share some of my favorite things of the week by joining Susanne's Friday's Fave Five. Go see what others have posted at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story.
1. New Year's eve with the family. My two sisters, my nieces my daughter and my parents all got together at two o'clock in the afternoon for our annual family party. We had loads of gifts, and spent hours opening them. The food was also delicious! We all had prepared something the previous day, my sister had prepared the appetizers, my brother in law had made a delicious soup and I had brought a main course which only required heating up in the oven. Before we had dessert we threw a little dance party with the Wii. Dessert was chocolate mousse (made by my two nieces) and my daughter's creme brulée and tiramisu. Three desserts ! Yes, you got that right! At twelve o 'clock we had another glass of bubbly and enjoyed the fireworks outside. It was a fun day, but we were all exhausted!
2. The neckless my daughter made especially for me . She designed AND made it all by herself, even most of the beads were made by her!
3. No television. Our old television set died on us the night before New Year's eve. We bought a new one, but they cannot deliver it until Saturday. I can imagine you're thinking "how can that be a blessing?" Well, I think, because it will not last longer than a week, it is. There is more time to blog, more time to read ... I had to look for other ways to keep me busy in the evenings, and among other things, I rediscovered the joys of blogging.
4. My new Project 366. One of my new year's resolutions is to pick up that camera a little more often, and to blog more than I have been this past year. There's no better way than to share my photos on this blog, is there?
5. First Primula in bloom. I saw it yesterday when I stepped outside on my patio. The weather has been crazy around here this week, we have very high temperatures, ten degrees (Celcius) more than what's normal in this season. If this keeps up, we're going to have a very early Spring, some trees are already blooming as it is! I do hope it does not start to snow and freeze though!
So here's my new entry for my Project 366, the new buds and the first flower in my Primula plant,the first signs of Spring are very early this year!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- Monthly Theme: the Marina
- A Very Relaxed Weekend
- A Walk in the Park
- Weekend Reflections, Light Ornament
- Camera Issues, Part Two
- Street view in Antwerp
- Pretty in Pink
- Lots of Coffee ...
- Camera Issues
- At the Museum
- A Photo a Day ... Photography Class
- Rainy Day
- Still Blooming ...
- Dignified ...
- Sleeping in ...
- Happy Birthday!
- Friday's Fave Five, The Little Things ...
- Broken ...
- Withering Blues ...
- Cat Nap ...
- A world of difference!
- The making of ... Bread Pudding
- Jingle, Jangle and Joe ...
- Friday's Fave Five, First signs of Spring and a Fa...
- The Little Harbor in my Village
- Project 366 # 4
- Project 366, # 3
- Project 366, One and Two
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)