- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Friday's Fave Five, The Little Things ...
It's Friday the thirteenth today!!! Awwww, I do hope nothing bad happens today eh? Nah, I don't think so, I'm meeting two friends for breakfast this morning.
Anyway, it's time to look back and share the good things of the week that has passed. That's why I'm joining my favorite meme, it's Friday's Fave Five and it's hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. Bread pudding. I really love to bake, and I hate having to throw away food, so last Sunday I made bread pudding with a loaf of white bread that would have gone stale. It was a Weight Watcher's recipe, so on top of that, it was low calorie as well!
2. My new non stick wok. I bought it in the sales at half price, and again, it's a perfect kitchen tool if like me you're trying to loose weight!
3. The new tripod replacing the old one that used to belong to my hubby. It's light weight and super easy to use, I love it!
4. First signs of Spring. It's still only January, but new buds are appearing everywhere. The white plant on the bottom right has not stopped flowering yet, I've never seen this before in my life!
5. This quote : " Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything - Aaron Siskind."
This is in a nutshell why I'm doing Project 366 and why I love this meme so much, they both make me take lots of photos to remember the little things!
UPDATE: This is my photo for today, #13 for Project 366
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- Monthly Theme: the Marina
- A Very Relaxed Weekend
- A Walk in the Park
- Weekend Reflections, Light Ornament
- Camera Issues, Part Two
- Street view in Antwerp
- Pretty in Pink
- Lots of Coffee ...
- Camera Issues
- At the Museum
- A Photo a Day ... Photography Class
- Rainy Day
- Still Blooming ...
- Dignified ...
- Sleeping in ...
- Happy Birthday!
- Friday's Fave Five, The Little Things ...
- Broken ...
- Withering Blues ...
- Cat Nap ...
- A world of difference!
- The making of ... Bread Pudding
- Jingle, Jangle and Joe ...
- Friday's Fave Five, First signs of Spring and a Fa...
- The Little Harbor in my Village
- Project 366 # 4
- Project 366, # 3
- Project 366, One and Two
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)