This is what I said about Project 366 two weeks ago:
"I know (from last time I gave this a try) how much you learn if you pick up that camera each and every day. I also learned I should not make my own rules too hard this time. I know there will also be days where I won't have the time or the inspiration to take a new photo.
Therefor, I'm not going to take a new picture each day, all I'm saying is I'm going (try to) POST a picture each day. Some of them might be from my archives, and I even might skip a day or two and post three pictures the next day."
I think today is the day. I'm not going to pick up that camera today, or if I do, I'm not going to spend all afternoon editing photos. I have to attend cooking class in the morning, and in the afternoon I really NEED to do some household chores! I want the house to be neat and tidy when our daughter Patsy is coming over on Saturday to celebrate her dad's birthday. I took a lot of photos yesterday, (learned a lot too, that's a bonus), so I'm going to post one of those.
Now, Rebecca - at the Dusty Cellar - is hosting Midweek Blues today, and I think I have just the right picture for this meme. While I was on my patio looking for signs of Spring, I noticed that the flowers on my Gentiana - which blooms early November - had not completely withered yet.
The flowers are closed and have dried up a little, but the blue color is still visible. Maybe it is because of the mild Winter we've been having around here, I don't know, and I don't know how long the color will last should it start to freeze?
So there, my entry for today, #11 for Project 366, ... enjoy!
- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- Monthly Theme: the Marina
- A Very Relaxed Weekend
- A Walk in the Park
- Weekend Reflections, Light Ornament
- Camera Issues, Part Two
- Street view in Antwerp
- Pretty in Pink
- Lots of Coffee ...
- Camera Issues
- At the Museum
- A Photo a Day ... Photography Class
- Rainy Day
- Still Blooming ...
- Dignified ...
- Sleeping in ...
- Happy Birthday!
- Friday's Fave Five, The Little Things ...
- Broken ...
- Withering Blues ...
- Cat Nap ...
- A world of difference!
- The making of ... Bread Pudding
- Jingle, Jangle and Joe ...
- Friday's Fave Five, First signs of Spring and a Fa...
- The Little Harbor in my Village
- Project 366 # 4
- Project 366, # 3
- Project 366, One and Two
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)