- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Rubies from Bruges. Again!
Okay okay, I'm sorry. I'm LATE. I'm sorry.
But I was not quite sure what to post today.
First, let me tell you I'm guest blogging at Lilacspecs today. It's because of Korie I started blogging in English in the first place. I followed her link to her blog and ended up in Nablopomo two and a half years ago. As you probably all know, the rest is history!
So, if you want to know all about Belgium, the good the bad and the ugly, (and the truth about "French" fries)? My post is here. Go read it, and leave a comment there as well, okay?
I was browsing through my archives this morning when it suddenly hit me. Each week I take tons of pictures, some of them good, some of them not so good, you know?
You delete the worst ones, select some of the good ones to make a Weekly Winners post, then use a couple of rubies for a Ruby Tuesday, turn some of them into Sepia ... Some need a little bit of extra work like cropping and stuff, but you just don't seem to get around to it any more?
Quite a lot of them are doomed to oblivion.
And that's a real shame is it not?
So for today's post, I'm taking you with me to Bruges again, and I'll publish some of the pictures today that never cut it a couple of weeks ago.
Venice ... but not quite.
The difference is in the tiny details ... ;-)
The old bridges, and the canals.
Swans. It would not be Bruges without them.
Places where time has stood still.
Oh and before any of you complain about the paucity of real rubies in this series to account for a Ruby Tuesday post, here's one to compensate the lack of vibrant red. (And because I've been bragging to Robin about how much prettier our mailboxes are, here's your proof Robin!)
Have I ever told you before how Bruges looks like a fairy tale?
Yeah, I guess so ...
Oh and , can you believe I'm still not done yet with my pictures from Bruges?
Yeah. I guess so too.
I love this town. Does it show?
Find more Ruby Tuesday pictures at Work of the Poet.
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)
- Sweetsauer's Photo Scavenger hunt.
- Quilly'sThree Word Thursday
- ABC in idioms, A and B
- Ruby Tuesday, Raindrops
- Macro Monday Apple Blossoms
- Weekly Winners, Don't Sit under the Appletree ...
- Around the World in 80 Clicks. Mama ...
- Fave Five, Life can be Beautiful ...
- Quilly's Three Word Thursday
- Anouncing a New Photo Challenge
- Rubies from Bruges. Again!
- Macro Monday Stop Bugging me!
- Weekly Winners Fun in the Kitchen
- Saturday Something ...? American Apple Pie.
- Fave Five, Friends, Family and a Birthday.
- Sepia Scenes meets Three Words Thursday
- Melli's ABC Challenge, Y and Z
- Ruby Tuesday An Apple a Day ...
- Macro Monday
- Weekly Winners, All Things Sweet ...
- You know ... I've been thinking ...
- Friday's Favourite Five
- Quilly's Three Word Challenge
- Melli's Alphabet Challenge, W and X
- Rubies from Bruges
- Fun Monday, Holiday in Provence
- Weekly Winners, Nothing Much ...
- Walk on ...
- Friday's Fave Five
- Sepia Scenes Spring in Antwerp
- Melli's ABC challenge U and V
- ▼ April (31)