About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Walk in the Park


We visited the arboretum in Kalmthout today where the witch hazel shrubs AKA Hammamelis are now in full bloom. I had no idea Winter could be this beautiful!




It sure added a little bit of color to this very gray day.




It almost looks like Spring, doesn't it?


I love this photo, I'll make this my new entry for Project 366, # 29



I hope your Sunday was as great as mine ...


Weekly Winners is hosted by Lotus at I am Lotus.

7 comments:

MC Photography Blog said...

Very nice blog! I'd like to exchange links with you. I have already added to my blogroll.

The link of my blog is photographymc.blogspot.com

In photography blog you will find: news, photographic techniques, digital cameras, photoshop tutorial, photography course, image editing, photomontage.

fotorantje said...

oooh kijk, ik herken het, leuk
winter is zeker mooi, dat zijn alle seizoenen eigenlijk

Loree said...

It was a grey day here too. But it is winter after all. Lovely photos.

Tara R. said...

A beautiful park and a wonderful place for a photo hike.

Carletta said...

They are all wonderful Jientje!
Didn't even know witchhazel was this of a plant. :)
Love the next to last shot with the white barked tree drawing your eye in - so serene. A beautiful scene.
So sorry to hear the Big Guy is out of commission for awhile.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Looks like you had a great walk! And thanks for the introduction of the new to me plant! Neat!

Denise said...

Beautiful park! Beautiful photos!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed