This past week was such a beautiful week, it deserves to be framed.
Bright sunny days, and very warm temperatures, perfect. We've never had such sunny weather coming back from holiday in France before. It sure helps to keep the relaxed holiday spirit going!
We were able to eat outside all week - even have breakfast outside- and lounge on the patio until late in the evening.
My youngest sister was staying here for a couple of days because of a training she needs to follow for her work. I treasure the moments we share together. You don't get to enjoy each other's company that much anymore once you're both adults with a family, and this made my week extra special. I loved spoiling her a little, cooked something nice by he time she got home, and invited one of our mutual friends over for a girls get together and a little dinner on the patio.The three of us had a lovely evening together, life does not often get better than this, wonderful.
I spent a little money at the flower shop this week. They had a special offer and I bought 20 white roses for only six Euro. And I made five flower arrangements out of them to decorate my living room with! Money well spent I think! I enjoyed doing this, a little floral accent here and there makes my house a home.
The plants on my patio needed a little care and attention when we got home. My friend - who also came over to the house to feed the cat- did a great job, but the warm weather made it very tough for potted plants on a hot South orientated stone patio! They need lots of water because of the warm weather, an early morning chore I find very relaxing. Picking out the dead flowers and leaves did them a world of good, and it's nice to see that only a few days later they're thriving again. I'm surrounded by flowers now, inside AND outside, and I love it!
My plants are not the only creatures enjoying water around here, nothing like some cool fresh sparkling water with some slices of lemon or lime and lots of icecubes to refresh me when it's hot. Plus it helps me to get rid of the extra pounds I gained while on holiday! I serve it in a nice glass and pretend it's a cocktail. Delicious!
And now I'm going to get ready for another beautiful day outside.
Life is good.
Happy Fourth of July to all my American visitors.
I hope you'll have a great weekend!
- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)
- Friday’s Fave Five The Best Things in Life …
- Laundry Day …
- A Thousand Words in Idioms, Almost there ...
- The Ballroom of Waltz
- Macro Monday, Come On Baby Do the Juke Box Jive
- Summer in the City
- Like Old Friends …
- Friday’s Fave Five, Let’s Have a Blast!
- Holy Cow!
- A Thousand Words in Idioms, U and V
- There Is a Place in my Heart …
- Forgive Me If I Make You Drool All Over Your Keybo...
- My Grandmother’s Village, Sweet Memories of Summer...
- All Things, Great and Small …
- Friday’s Fave Five, Treasures …
- Booby Wonderland ...
- A thousand words in Idioms, S and T
- Ruby Tuesday Birds of a Feather
- Macro Monday, Play Me
- At the Market …
- Awards and Other Great News….
- Friday’s Fave Five Blog Heaven
- Sepia scenes, Different Playground, … New Toys …
- A Thousand Words in Idioms, Q and R
- When Window Views Meets Ruby Tuesday
- Macro Monday, I Just Want to Make Love to You .......
- Jeu de Boules in Saint Rémy
- Saturday Something,Like I Said, I Had a Great Week...
- Friday's Fave Five, the Holiday Edition
- Sepia Scenes. Whining and Dining
- A Thousand Words in Idioms, O and P
- ▼ July (31)