About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Almost Sepia, Almost Christmas

 

It was the day before Christmas when we drove over to my daughter’s house. We had a week of snow the week before Christmas but the weatherman said it would probably not last much longer. I had not had the chance to get some snow pictures yet, so I asked my husband to find a nice spot to pull over the car.  
Some of the snow had already thawed and the dry leaves of the reed added a touch of sepia against the foggy grayness of the sky.

IMG_0124 

IMG_0130

 

IMG_0126

 

IMG_0131

 

IMG_0129

 

IMG_0138


More snowy pictures to come in the following days or so, because it’s snowing again today. I think we’re going to get a real Winter this year, but I don’t mind. I prefer it to the dreary gloomy gray and rainy weather we normally get here in Belgium.
At least this is photogenic!

 

Check out my new blog Heavenin365.
A photo a day, a challenge to get to know the Canon D40 better.

19 comments:

moneythoughts said...

If I took a drive today to the country, just a few miles away, I would see snowy fields like yours, and yes they are prettier than gray rainy days. Nice pictures Jientje.

Wanda..... said...

Beautiful photos Jientje, the header looks almost like a scene from the Dr. Zhivago movie, which is a favorite of mine!

James said...

I love the snow. These pictures are so nice. I'm glad that you posted lots of them!

Kathy said...

Jienjte you really captured the mood here and your header photo is simply WOW. My daughter just called and she said it's due to snow in London overnight, in fact the whole of Europe, you seem to be getting it already though, she loves the snow for all the same reasons you do. Kathy.

I knew you would spot the little feather in the duck photo, you see things others do not, that's why you are such a great photographer, :-).

Christie, Describe Happy said...

I really enjoyed these pictures! Such a calmness to them. I especially liked the brick wall in the last photo. I am such a sucker for brick!

Melissa said...

Can it be that your blog gets more beautiful over time? Yes, I think it does, indeed!

kayerj said...

so somber and wistful

Unknown said...

OHHH I love these photos! Your country side is so beautiful even in the dead of winter! It makes me want to visit and have a cup of hot drink with you! Ahhh, that sounds so good right now! beautiful!

quilly said...

These winter pics look chilly to me. Your new header shot is magnificent.

Carletta said...

Love the composition of the first one - lovely!
Your new header is gorgeous!

Jientje said...

@ moneythoughts: I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but I'm hoping for more snow each day!
@ Wanda : Wow. Thank you!
@ James : There is more to come!
@ Kathy : We don't get all that much snow here in Belgium, in a way this is a real treat. I used to hate it, now I love it.
@ DescribeHappy : The brick wall is actually a bridge.
@ Melissa : I hope so, I want it to be better each day, so...
@ kaye : It is.
@ Linda Higgins : Aaaah yes, that would be wonderful!
@ quilly : Two weeks from now, you'll look at your Hawaiian pictures and think they look HOT!! No??!!
@ Carletta : The first one is my favorite one too!

Susanne said...

Loooooove it. Love the starkness and the contrasts. I love winter and the beautiful photography it lends to.

Unknown said...

Snow is so pretty! I love the little brick wall too! Happy New Year Jientje!

Gutsy Living said...

I can feel the temperature through your photography. You know how to capture the essence as well as the photo.

Gattina said...

It could be here, lol ! I love your new header picture ! Looks great.

Loree said...

Wow i love it when photos turn out sepia without actually using the sepia setting.

Anonymous said...

The landscape in white... beautiful but I rather want spring to come soon. :-)

Moonrayvenne said...

I think the last pic is my favorite also. I love the brick in the corner. Just that touch of red brings more life to the pic. What kind of trees are those? Unusual how they grow. I've never seen anything quite like it. Even though I don't care for snow, the pics make it look fabulous! (((HUGS)))

jay said...

I love those pictures. It's amazing how snow and ice leach the colour out of the landscape, isn't it?

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive