About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, January 4, 2010

Macro Monday, Another Mail Delivery …

 

mm

 
There was another mail delivery last week. Yes, I’m such a lucky girl!!
This package came from Lisa, THE Lisa from Lisa’s Chaos, yes!
I had joined the ornament swap at her blog and packed mine in my suitcase to give her when we met in Chicago. I remember how thrilled I was to be able to meet her in real life. We spent a lovely afternoon taking pictures at the Botanical Garden in Chicago. I hope I will be able to show her my favorite places on my side of the world someday. Until I do I have loads of pictures as a memento of that meeting.

IMG_4734

AND … the package of course!  
Are you as excited as I was to open it and see what’s inside?

   IMG_4740


Here we go …


IMG_4745
Tataaaaaaaaaaa!

 

IMG_4791
The package also contained a hand made card with a lovely blessing. Awww!
Yes Lisa, my holidays WERE definitely decorated with happiness!

IMG_4756

Look, it’s a cook!

IMG_4757

  Isn’t she precious?

IMG_4761

I LOVE her, THANK YOU Lisa!!!

More Macro Monday posts at Lisa’s Chaos

 

PS: Heavenin365 was born yesterday.
My project 365.
A picture a day.  
A brand new blog.
Check it out here

24 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Super adorable!!

Unknown said...

I love this. Great pictures and an even better gift idea. Lovely.

And I'm going to have to add your other site to my list. Yup.

Müge said...

What a beautiful gift and superb macro shots! Have a nice week! :-)

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you love her too! When I saw her I just knew it was the ornament I wanted to send, instantly. :) Beautiful photos!

Kim, USA said...

That's very beautiful coming from a friend makes it very special. Thanks for sharing!

MacroMonday:An Angel

moneythoughts said...

I like the gift. Very nice, and the photos are very nice too.

As for your new blog, I hope to visit there too some times.

jay said...

Oh, what a sweet snowman cook! Love the plate of pudding!

You are indeed lucky. ;)

Melli said...

She IS adorable! The perfect ornament for you!

Regina said...

That 's so cute:)
Cheers.

United Studies said...

How very sweet! My sister gave me one similar to that for Christmas.

Momisodes said...

That is adorable! I love the idea of ornament swapping. And what a suitable one for you. A chef is perfect!

Amanda Moore said...

Lovely... makes me think I need to post a pic of the ornament Andrea sent me it is so precious. Have a great MM!

quilly said...

What an adorable snow person! I hope she doesn't get to cvlose to the oven when she's baking!

Jientje said...

@ Kristi: Thank you!
@ LceeL : You are one of my first followers? Cool!
@ Müge : Have a great week yourself, thanks for dropping by!
@ lisaschaos : I LOVE her a lot! And I gave the pictures my very best, I owe that to you!
@ Manang Kim: It's very special, true.
@ moneythoughts : It will be an honor to welcome you there!
@ jay : I am! :-)
@ Melli: I think so too! She was made for me!
@ Regina : Cheers!
@ Jacki : Imagine that! We do have parallel lives!
@ Momisodes : I agree. I'm going to sign in again next year, it's too much fun!
@ moorebloglife : Yes, it makes great posts, and ideal for a macro!
@ quilly : She won't. She's got me to protect her!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you tell your stories with your photos. Great shots of the anticipation, the opening, the surprise.

kayerj said...

lucky you to have such good bloggy friends :)

Leora said...

Such delightful and fun pics. Love how you make us feel like we are getting the package.

RA said...

Bautiful shots of a beautiful gift! I really love great blogging friendships. Wishing you all the best for 2010, dear Jientje :)

Colleen said...

Lucky again! Great shots of a lovely gift!

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

Such a sparkly little belly! Nicely caught.

Lovin' Macro Mondays,
Cameo @-->-->---

Kristine said...

ornament swapping- havent heard of that but what a brilliant idea. time to visit the flea market...

Brenda said...

I love the way you took those pictures, you are so good at that!

Christie, Describe Happy said...

I enjoyed watching you open your box and how amazing is that snowman! Love the grin!!

The Retired One said...

Adorable!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive