About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Castle by the Pond in Sepia

 

bownepark 001 copy2


I thought the castle would also be a perfect Sepia Scenes subject. Enjoy …

 

IMG_0924

 

IMG_1044

 

IMG_1046

 

IMG_1049

But no matter how pretty in sepia, I just HAD to add the full color of that one.
The light was just too pretty!
IMG_1049
More Sepia Scenes here.

Don’t forget to drop by Heavenin365, the new photo blog. 

10 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Not only was the light too pretty to miss, Jientje, but the moss on the ledge was nice to see...the other photos look like vintage post cards!

The French Bear said...

It's beautiful, I think you could keep taking pictures and they would still be a thrill to look at. The view is so different anyway you look!!!I can only imagine how it must look in person, breathtaking! what do they do at this castle? Is it a museum?
Fabulous!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Caution/Lisa said...

You've made the castle look like a Hollywood set. It's just perfect in sepia. (But I do like the shadows in that last one.)

Pat said...

That castle is gorgeous and I like the look of it in sepia.

How interesting to see the exact photo in sepia and in color (the last one). What a difference it makes! The brick walkway really stands out in the sepia one, yet the lighting IS so pretty in the color one. Two very different photos.

Unknown said...

That first picture of the sluice gate is just perfect. I love it.

Gabriel said...

Jientje, your pictures are -without a doubt- among the most beautiful I've been looking at lately...

I would put your blog among my favourites along with other: Jackie's Casi en serio and Mishelle from Secret Agent Mama. Do you know them?

Anyway, thanks four your visit and wishes, and have a great week!

The Retired One said...

Gorgeous! It brings out how old it really is...
loved these too!

Anonymous said...

Schools in SA started yesterday, so... - only have kids-time and no blogging-time! Your photos this past week - STUNNING, AMAZING, B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L, ♥IT!!!!!

Loree said...

I love sepia scenes. I know colour is nice too but there is something about sepia is timeless.

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

Hello Jientje!! hope you had an awesome weekend!!
Love your 3rd post of the castle and the pictures are great in sepia!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud
a photoblog
South Africa

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive