About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sepia Scenes A White Dusting of Snow …

IMG_9809

These were taken early December when we had our first snow. There is nothing prettier than that first dusting of snow …
It’s raining again now. Good old rainy Belgium. DUH!

Find more Sepia Scenes at Mary the Teach's Sepia Scenes

15 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It looks so pretty on the candles. We have more than a dusting of the stuff here.

Moonrayvenne said...

Been pretty gray here too. No rain till tomorrow & the snow is still melting. I am looking forward to Spring & flowers! (((HUGS)))

Wanda..... said...

I have a similar old boot planter Jientje!

Gattina said...

You say it ! It rains !

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Unknown said...

It is raining here too! For the past 3 days we have had rain and more to come, although the temp is above 50 degrees! The mountain tops are capped with snow which makes a wonderful contrast to the desert floor. Hugs and smiles across the miles! beautiful pics my friend!

Carletta said...

That first shot is lovely Jientje!
Lovely container for the candles. :)
I have rain too; but would much rather have snow!

Kathy said...

Love the first shot Jientje and the boot. Snow does have a magic. It is raining here so in a few days I am off to London (where it is probably raining there too). We spent a wonderful week in Belgium, Brugges and Amsterdam a few years ago and yes it also rained there, you get used to it :-). hugs, Kathy.

Anonymous said...

We also have lovely summer rain now. It's 20h30 in SA and our temp. is 19˚C. ♥ your snow-pictures! :)

kayerj said...

It is so pretty.

maryt/theteach said...

Love the hint of sepia in a photo, Jientje! Also the hint of snow...Happy Sepia Scenes! :)

Momisodes said...

I love these scenes. You're right. Dustings are the best. Not too messy, but just enough to throw a light blanket of white on everything :)

Anonymous said...

A short story this time. Excellent photos. Great textures and the sepia toning is masterful.

Loree said...

Your pictures are always so beautiful that they make me sigh and wish i could take photos which are just as gorgeous.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

A dusting of snow is completly beautiful! You have captured the delicate-ness so very well!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive