About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ruby Tuesday Waiting …

 

 

ruby-slippers-door-stop_copy

IMG_6844

 

These garden gloves lay on my table in my patio.
They’re waiting, just like I am.
Waiting for Spring. Waiting for flowers to be planted and weeds to be removed.
It’s not going to happen just yet I’m afraid.
We had -7° this morning. Celcius that is.
The Primulas are going to have to wait just a little while longer…


More Ruby Tuesday posts at Work of the Poet.

16 comments:

Robin said...

-7?!? Yikes, that is MUCH too cold. We've had about 10 here and I'm freezing!

Come on spring. I am SO ready to be done with winter.

Wanda..... said...

I have some waiting too Jientje, it snowed here overnight, but yesterday, I noticed the tips of the daffodils showing!

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Very rusting looking! And I have had lots of thoughts of spring gardening and even though it feels so far away I can not wait! Stay warm sweetie!

James said...

I think we will be seeing pictures from your garden soon. This is just a hint of things to come.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Me too but we had another snow fall last night..


My Ruby Tuesday

Kathy said...

Those pretty but well worn gloves capture the essence of one who loves her flowers. I cannot wait for the spring flowers (my fave) either. It really is rather cold where you are right now. hugs, Kathy.

Stop by my blog if you have time I value your opinion on some of my sons photos I posted. K xoxo

Kim, USA said...

I am so ready to go outside and commune with nature but spring will come soon. ^_^

Fish minus chips

Unknown said...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Well worn gloves I might add! Huhoney was out planting 3 new rose bushes just 2 days ago here even though the temp was 45 degrees. He just can't sit still. He almost goes out into the weather with the mind set of "bring it on...I can take it..." and then it cooperates long enough for him to do his thing LOLOLOL. Gotta love it!

Kathy said...

Thank you Jientje, Stephen says thank you too :-).

maryt/theteach said...

I'm waiting too, Jientje! It's been in the 30s and 40s but going down to the 20s F tonight! Thanks for joining in on Ruby Tuesday! :)

Brenda said...

You are still having a lot of cold! Great picture.

T.J. said...

Yay! I'm happy to have found you at your "new" site, Jientje. You photos are just splendid!

Dr.John said...

Nice picture. If you lived here the wait would be long.

Unknown said...

I'm as ready as your instruments for summer! Brrr. :)

Loree said...

I can understand you are looking forward to summer but dare I say that I wish it waits some mor months before we feel the heat of the sun?? LOL

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

Absolutely lovely!!!!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive