About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, January 25, 2010

Macro Monday Postage Stamps from Australia

 

mm

The package I received from Kim a couple of weeks ago had a series of very colorful postage stamps on it, and I thought they would make a great Macro Monday subject.

 

IMG_1322

 

IMG_1314

 

IMG_1309

 

 

More Macro Monday posts at Lisa’s Chaos.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a macro shot.

Paz

Avril said...

That was a very good idea!

Rob Siemann said...

Yep, excellent idea, nice subject!

Kim, USA said...

I used to collect stamps this one is a keeper too. Thanks for sharing!

MacroMonday:Pinecones

Unknown said...

These are very cool! A great subject! :)

moneythoughts said...

I collect postage stamps too. Well, at one time I did, but now I just fill in some of the old missing pieces from time to time. I have even used the postage stamp for political satire, as I have created my own commemorative stamps that the USPS wouldn't do. : )

But, the thing I find so interesting about your shots of stamps today is the movement the pictures create, at least for my eyes I feel movement and what is a postage stamp to do if not complete the process of movement of an item from one place to the next.

Melli said...

Goodness! It cost her more to send the package than it did to make the cups! (or was that the ornament?) It's just sad how much it costs to ship things overseas... I love those stamps though! I collect them too!

Dutchbaby said...

They do indeed make for a great Macro Monday! I love your perspective!

Johnny Nutcase said...

ohh! I like it! Good idea for a photo! and the stamps are neat, too. I have a little collection of old stamps somewhere. Like the photo!

Colleen said...

I love looking at postage stamps from overseas. Great pictures!

kayerj said...

love the details.

Unknown said...

WHOA! that was a costly package! So what did you get???? great Macro!

John McDevitt said...

Yeah, I saw the price tags on those stamps too. Wow. Excellent series. I like the colors and textures.

Carletta said...

You can take the most ordinary thing and make it work for you Jientje. Nice shots!

Kathy said...

Lovely stamps Jientje and lovely macros. Kathy.

Loree said...

Cute stamps. Love the one with the kangaroos.

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

A really lovely and different macro - nicely captured - makes change and again, great inspiration - you are great Jientje!!!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud
a photo blog
South Africa

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax effects wear off - xanax 1mg how long does it last

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive