About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five, the Birthday Boy.

 

1. It’s my husband’s birthday today. Not just any birthday, he turned 65 today. I could not wait till midnight to start opening presents, I think I was even more excited than he was.
2. He always knows what he’s getting just looking at the box, so I outsmarted him with this giant size box. The smaller box had lots and lots of small presents hidden inside.

 

verjaardag keppe

3. It was nothing very big really, there were chocolates, his favorite cherry beer, some perfume … a voucher for a breakfast with bubbles and one for a nice gourmet dinner I’m going to cook him.  
 verjaardag keppe 2

4. But I saved the best for last. Hidden underneath the bubble plastic at the bottom of the box was another present he almost overlooked. He knew instantly it was a photo album. I guess that’s okay because I had not really bothered much to try to disguise that. I have made him a scrapbook with old and new pictures, little notes,  letters, cards … All kinds of little momentums from our life together.

verjaardag keppe 3

He said it was the best present he ever got from me!

5. And now we’re off, celebrating some more. I won’t be on line much today, I hope you’ll forgive me?

17 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

what a wonderful present. It's funny how we forget as we are so busy making pictures what they mean to those that look at them for memories.

Wanda..... said...

Jientje, I can see the joy on his face...and the love in your lives!

jay said...

What a lovely idea! I'm glad you fooled him, you can see that he's having a great time opening his surprises!

Funny - the gift I chose to send to my friends this Christmas was a mini photo album (just ten or twelve pictures) of us all together.

Caution/Lisa said...

What a wonderful array of presents! And that album must be a treasure for both of you. Do you always open gifts at midnight?

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Happy Birthday to your honey!

Bientje said...

Wonderful!
He just loves it sis!
Big hug for the both of you!
Your little sister,

Unknown said...

Of course you're forgiven. Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, Ivan.

Avril said...

THAT is very very special !!!

Happy Birthday hubby of Jientje !!

moneythoughts said...

What a lovely gift!!! I agree with all the beautiful comments made before mine. Happy Birthday Ivan.

Willow said...

Tell your husband Happy Birthday from The Professor and Willow at Willow's Cottage! It's obvious that you took great care to purchase just the right presents for him. I know he'll treasure that photo album!

Moonrayvenne said...

How wonderful! The simplest things make the best gifts. Happy Birthday to your husband! (((HUGS))) to you!

Anonymous said...

The album is a lovely present that he will treasure forever! Baie geluk met jou man se verjaarsdag!

Unknown said...

OH I LOVE the collague of pictures you did of him opening presents! What a sweetheart you are and I LOVE the idea of putting together a scrapbook with just YOUR memories! Huhoney has a BD in April, that would be so fun to do for him! I NEVER know what to do that is special.I always feel like such a heel when it comes to BD's because I am just not creative in thinking of something special! I better get busy huh!

Jientje said...

@ Everyone: thanks for all the birthday wishes on behalf of my husband, he loved it!
@ Caution Flag: Yes, we open presents at midnight. Christmas, New Year, Valentine Birthdays, Anniversaries ... always!

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!! Looks like an amazing celebration! I like the way you used a big box to hid the smaller things! Cheers!

Unknown said...

What a precious treasure! Wonderful idea! I am so happy you were able to trick him a little, brought big smiles to has face!

The Retired One said...

How sweet that scrapbook of pictures was for him..great idea you Romantic, you!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive