About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, January 1, 2010

Photo Hunt #5 December

 

  photohunt5-badge500pix1

 

I did not think of it until way past Christmas, and I never thought I would pull it off, but I did. I had fun with this hunt, especially since I challenged myself to use my husband’s Canon D40 DSLR. I’m very anxious to get acquainted with this big guy. I can’t wait to find out what I can get out of him when I push the right buttons!
Only a couple were taken with the D40 though, I used the SX-1S to do most of the work, but it’s a beginning. I’ll mark the D40 pictures with *

IMG_0723

Holliday lights at the shopping mall

 IMG_4455

Holliday Spirit  *

 IMG_9897
a Holiday Treat, home baked Christmas Stollen

 IMG_4397 
An ornament *
From Lisa’s Christmas ornament swap, thank you Lisa!
 

IMG_0260
A Gift-Wrapped package 

 IMG_0731
A Window Display

 IMG_9856
A Winter Holiday Icon

IMG_0772


A Tree

IMG_0218
A Tradition

IMG_4452 
Something that says Noel *

 IMG_4549


Something Precious *

IMG_0128
Something Peaceful 

IMG_4376

Something Hot *

IMG_9832
Something Cold

IMG_0099
Something Red

IMG_4418


Something Green *: Fun in the kitchen

 IMG_9796
Motion Blur 

IMG_9774
Black and White with selective coloring:  Honest, I made this photo in December, and photographed the very last  daisies on my patio. Two days later it started to snow …


IMG_4094  
Infrared : I took this picture ( and only this one) from my archives and used it to fool around play with my Corel Paint Shop x 12 and the tutorial on infrared photography Kirsti added in one of her previous posts. 

IMG_9979

Macro : a rose from the bouquet of roses my hubby surprised me with just before Christmas.

 

More Photo Hunt participants at Photo Hunt Challenges, hosted by Kirsti.

14 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Such a wonderful group of photos Jientje...I liked the smiling eyes of the little boy and your lovely rose!

Valerie said...

Oh my! These photos are beautiful! They say it isn't the camera but the person behind the lens. Beautiful work!

moneythoughts said...

I agree with both comments from Wanda and Valerie. Very nice.

Lynn said...

Great representative pics for the hunt.

Susanne said...

What a great group of photos for the different themes. I love the Boyd's bears ones.

Happy New Year to you and your family, Jeintje!

Michelle said...

Great job on getting the photo hunt done so quickly. You did a fantastic job. My fav is the tradition shot. :)

Don't be afraid of your husbands DSLR. Canon's are very user friendly and the manual is very easy to read (at least my Rebel was). Just remember, that you can't break it unless you drop it, so play around with the settings. It is a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

I LOVED all the pictures! I got a Nikon D3000 for Christmas! Still playing with it and haven't downloaded anything yet! I would hope that my new pics will look at brilliant as yours and hopefully I can photoshop and have some fun! Love your post! The rose.....my favorite pic!

Jientje said...

@ Wanda: He's my nephew, he's cute eh?
@ Valerie : Thanks!
@ moneythoughts: Thanks Fred!
@ Lynn : It was fun!
@ Susanne : I love my Boyds, and I had fun photographing them.
@ Michelle: Thank you so much for the good advice and the encouraging words. I hope I never drop it!
@ Linda Higgins : HAVE FUN with the new camera!

Mominin said...

Loved your shots! I especially loved the cold one!

Anonymous said...

All of your photos are sooo beautiful! It seems you had very much fun doing this!

Ang said...

great shots! love them all, as usual!

Timo said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting my hunt results - here I am. :-)

You've got really great photos! Especially that green. And the bread in treat looked mouth watering.

Have a good 2010!

kayerj said...

they all turned out so well--I can't pick a favorite. I thought the palm tree the most unique. And flowers in DECEMBER--how lovely!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Have I ever really told you how much I adore your photography? I am a huge fan! These were all so beautiful, you have an amazing eye and talent. Well done, my friend!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive