About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Castle by the Pond, Part Two

 

Every step I took, every time the light changed,
… everywhere I looked was a different picture.

IMG_0954 
The beautiful light of the “golden hour” made it look like Fall instead of Winter. 

IMG_0984

There was nobody around but us. 
 IMG_0992

The whole place breathed peacefulness. 
 IMG_0993

  IMG_1011

Look at that light …
 IMG_1012

I mean LOOK at that? Beautiful isn’t it? 

IMG_1020

 IMG_1039 
Now turn around one more time…

IMG_1045

I hope you enjoyed the walk with me. There will be a couple more tomorrow, can you believe this? I don’t think I’ve ever made so many photos from one and the same place ever!

19 comments:

Gattina said...

I don't know that castle at all. It looks as a very beautiful place ! I also saw the pictures below. I have to say there are soooo many castles in Belgium !
Today it snows again !

Wanda..... said...

The photos are like stills from an enchanted movie!

Gena @ thinking aloud said...

Jientje what a truly exquisite place! and such wonderful photographs! so well captured,great detail, and great lighting - yes, as if someone switched on a soft light just for you!!! I feel like I'm there... well almost anyway!!
Love your blog, am now following you!
Gena @ thinking aloud
South Africa

Robin said...

Beautiful. The light shining through is just golden.

Moonrayvenne said...

They are just as beautiful as if you painted them yourself. ((Hugs)))

Suburban Girl said...

It is a gorgeous place. Are you able to go inside?

The French Bear said...

Beautiful!!!! I think you should be able to go inside and take the pictures, tell them we want to see!!!!! Your photo's are incredible!! Great shots!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Caution/Lisa said...

I am so enjoying these walks!! Where are we going next?

moneythoughts said...

These are really nice photos. Like everyone else, I like these photos as the colors are so crisp and clear. The colors remind me of the colors I have seen in oil paintings from the 17th century that were done nearby. Thanks for sharing your photos with me.

Unknown said...

They are perfect - just perfect.

Joyce said...

I am enjoying part II of the walk around the Horst Castle. Any castle history to share? Seems a waste for it to be empty. I think we could have a big international blog gals tea party in that castle:) I loved seeing the buds on the branches...ah Spring is coming...or so I keep telling myslef as I wear layers upon layers of sweaters here in the cold south:)
Joyce

Carletta said...

Lovely light in the second shot and I love the last one as well!
However, they are all grand!

The Retired One said...

You are like I was when I went to Florida! :-} But when you see a beautiful spot with many photo opportunities, I say...take them!!
It is so cool that there was no one else there but you. I mean, this is a CASTLE! NO one else around???
Priceless!
I would have been just like you and snapping furiously away. Wonderful shots!

Unknown said...

BRRRR I am cold just looking at the photos! I know I am a total complainer when it comes to the cold...it is 39 degrees right now, only expect to be 49 today...YOU ARE LAUGHING AM I RIGHT?! lol well for the desert...I am chilled, I would be soo bundled up with hat, gloves, mittens and warm scarf around a very LONG coat with layers of sweaters on if I were waling with you, OH and not to forget the BOOTS and wool socks to keep my feet warm! BRRRR beautiful pics!

kayerj said...

this series has been wonderful :)

Unknown said...

Oh I hope you go back again and again! That's such an awesome place!

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Really really gorgeous!! I wish I could have been on that walk! That place looks enchanted!!

Momisodes said...

These really are images like from out of a dream! What an amazing, majestic place.

Loree said...

I love the light in the pictures. It almost looks surreal.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive