About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, January 11, 2010

Macro Monday, Hanging in There

 

 

I loved the textures on the top of this wooden stake. A thin layer of ice covered it and there was moss and plants growing over it.

IMG_0937  

IMG_0939

Chipped yellow paint

IMG_0941

An oak leaf stuck in one of the cracks of the wood …

IMG_0943

Just barely hanging in there, waiting for Spring.

 

More Macro Monday pictures at Lisa’s Chaos.

23 comments:

The French Bear said...

These are excellent photos, I like the way they look close up, very interesting. Love your header, that is an awesome photo, it reminds me of something you would see in a movie...... I love it!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Christie, Describe Happy said...

the detail you have captured is so interesting! I am really drawn to the yellow chipped paint!

Unknown said...

I love the contrasts in color and texture. You are SO good.

Colleen said...

The second shot is my favorite. Great captures!

jay said...

Yes, that's beautiful! You know I share your love of cracked and peeling paint! Especially when combined with leaves and rotting wood. Great shots!

Suki said...

What an eye you've got for detail!! A lovely composition. I just got a new professional Canon but I haven't yet plucked up courage to take photos with it. It's so huge and so complicated. I really have to do so some effort otherwise it would be a shame to leave it there. Any tips pls?

Christina, Sweden said...

So many different textures and colors, great shots! we have way to much snow for that kind of photos these days....

Christina, Sweden

http://fotoblogg2010.blogspot.com/search/label/Macro%20Monday

Unknown said...

Oh yeah! I love it too!!!

Kim, USA said...

Very awesome pictures thanks for sharing!

MacroMonday:Guess what?

Unknown said...

ummm had a shot of a rose bud I need to post....it is wanting to bloom....Love how cold and withered the leaves look.

Moonrayvenne said...

When you take a picture, it isn't just a stump anymore, it's a work of art! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the textures and forms are fascinating. I can't help but wonder how these excellent photos would look converted to B&W.

Lynda said...

Love the textures! So beautiful!

SquirrelQueen said...

Wonderful photos, I love all the different shades and textures. The remnants of yellow paint add color and interest.
The Road to Here

villager said...

Lovely photos - so lively, and yet not alive at all. The wood makes for a fascinating subject, doesn't it?

Melli said...

Ohhhhhh dear! I fear that could be a bit of a wait! You need to find that stump again in Spring when life starts shooting up all around it! Do 4 seasons of the stump! These are grand!

Karen said...

If I let my imagination go, the second photo looks like some rock formations I've seen in the southwestern U.S. Wonderful photos.

Loree said...

Love the pictures. There is so much texture to them.

Gattina said...

I agree with Melli, that would be nice to see the same in spring ! I am soooo looking forward ! I feel stuck !

Gena @ thinking aloud said...

Wonderful pics - love the contrast of lichen, ice, the old wood, dried leaves ... really nice!
Love your header pic too - where is this!
And if heaven is in Belgium I'm coming over too!!!
Gena @ thinking aloud
ps. my posts are up too, if you wanna pop over and take a peep! thx ;-)

The Retired One said...

I agree..the textures in this shot are wonderful!

Jientje said...

@ The French Bear : My friend Wanda said it reminded her of Dr Zjivago!
@ DescribeHappy: I'm always drawn to chipped paint!
@ LceeL : Gee thanks!!!
@ Colleen : I had fun!
@ jay : Yes, my favorite too!
@ Zen : Tip number one: read the manual.
tip number two try using your camera as often as you can.
@ mitt vattenhål : I cannot say we have too much snow. It's still a treat.
@ lisaschaos : Thanks!
@ Manang : You're welcome!
@ Linda Higgins : I am enjoying Winter. For NOW.
@ Collette : Mother nature created this art, I merely photographed it!
@ awarewriter : I prefer color for this.
@ Lynda : Thank you!
@ SquirrelQueen : I love faded paint, something always draws me to it.
@ villager : I love wood, and chipped paint and all things whithered.
@ Melli : Well who knows eh? I might do that!
@ Karen : You have a very vivid imagination!
@ Loree : Texture is what makes a macro come alive.
@ Gattina : I am still enjoying Winter. For now that is.
@ Gena @ thinking aloud: This was photographed in Horst, in Belgium. You're welcome in heaven anytime! ;-)
@ The Retired One: Texture is what makes a macro picture interesting.

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

The coloration in the rock is great.

Lovin' Macro Monday,
Cameo @-->-->---

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive